Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Aldi deal - Will it return?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Aldi deal - Will it return?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gordie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Aldi deal - Will it return? Reply with quote

Hi. I've been thinking about getting a Pocket PC with satellite navigation for a while, and I recently saw Halfords deal (£399.99) advertised in the newspaper. I came online to try to find some reviews and found this very helpful forum, however, it has confused me because apparently I am better of with the Aldi deal - since it is less expensive and comes with 2 SD cards, is that right?
Is the Aldi deal still available? If not, does anyone know when it might be available again in the future?

Thanks in advance

Gordon
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Aldi bundle was slightly better value but it was a one off time limited offer. Unless you can find an Aldi that still has one or two (there were still a few available at some branches a few weeks ago) then your only option is the Halfords version. I am told however that the Halfords offer includes a newer vesrion of the software.

Don't overlook the new Mio168 Combined PocketPC/GPS (The Aldi Medion is a Mitac) which Evesham have just launched for £449.99. This includes CoPilot Live software which IMHO is far better than the Medion Navigator supplied with the Aldi/Halfords offering and you can use it with the GPS away from the vehicle where the others require 12v power.

All in all for £50 more than the Halfords bundle it's a good deal and comes with memory card, holster, car charger and car cradle mount. See the front page for more info and links.
gassy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spoke with the electronics buyer at Aldi's a few weeks ago and he indicated that they will probably be doing another PPC bundle "later in the year" which I took to be Q4.
Storm_Cloud
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Aldi GPS bundle Reply with quote

I've just picked up an Aldi flyer from the store and there is a new offer being sold from 8th April. The unit is called the Falk Navigator 2004. It looks very similar to the Medion bundle that Aldi used to sell and the one that is now being sold by Halfords. It is £50 cheaper than the Halfords offer i.e £349. I've yet to find out any details about this unit yet (is it a clone of something else). If I do find out anything I'll let you know, or if anyone finds out any details please post here or reply to me personally.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falk Navigator is a well brand that has until been better known in its native Germany as well as other countries on the continent. Their website lists UK maps as being available Qtr1 2004.

Is the PDA itself identical to or different from the earlier bundle?
Storm_Cloud
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look at the topic I've started in the news and information forum titles New Aldi GPS Bundle, it's got some useful links on it to give you all the specs and pics.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: