Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SatMap Tracklogs
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SatMap Tracklogs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
super_claret
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: SatMap Tracklogs Reply with quote

When I am away in the Lake District I want to be able to store several routes (enough for say a weeks walking) and after the walks be able to download the individual tracklogs for each walk for use in Memory Map, so I would end up with say 5 different track logs.

Is the SatMap supposed to log a track for each route walked and can I rename the tracklogs so I can identify them when downloading.

When I've finished a walked, if I reset the trip log, does this delete the log of the walk? What is the difference between reset log & reset trail.

What is the internal memory capacity of the SatMap?

Sorry for all the questions.

Mark
LostMike
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the end of each walk I stop the trip log and convert the Trail to Track then rename it suitably. This way I have kept around a dozen on the machine and later moved and converted them via Satsync. However the bug recently referred to and hopefully soon patched means that having a large number of tracks on the machine seems to cause it to lock so I now leave less tracks on the machine.

The log appears to be for the latest trip only and cannot be saved though most of the data should in theory be in the track record.

Does that help?
Satsync 1.525
super_claret
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks LostMike, that helps however, when I convert trail to track, the data is different from the actual trip log. For example, a 2.59 mile circular run which i've just finished in 35mins according to the trip log but when I convert it the data reads 2.78 miles, approx time 1hr 7mins and the average speed etc just don't make any sense.

Thanks

Mark
LostMike
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have made several comments in this forum about the discrepancies between the distances reported by the different A10 reports. Normally this is just an irritant and nothing serious but it would be nice if they could be removed. What may be happening is that the log is working on detailed data but the track/route file that is produced is obviously a cut down version of the full data. This could account for some differences but you would expect that if this is true then the Log file would normally report a greater distance than the saved track/route.

I'm not sure what gives the difference in time if you converted to a track as soon as you finished the walk. However if you did it later that may account for it.
Satsync 1.525

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: