Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Copilot 7 Problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Copilot 7 Problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HytheMan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Copilot 7 Problems Reply with quote

Anyone other than me had any problems with Copilot 7, i'm a lorry driver so i think i pick problems up quicker than other people mite, Issues i have

1 . Copilot wouldnt connect to my GPS receiver after update, needed GPS Gate to solve this problems as ALK said it was my PDA and needs repair.

2 . Sometime waypoints are not used in routing, not sure why some are and some arent.

3 . Customer POI's well what can i say crap all round, Not shown on pc map alerts are useless and go off randomely and are unmanagable.

4 . Speed camera, well only about 50% are know about in copilot, must be the worsed database available and seems to alert you of every speed camera in a 1 mile radious and are very confusing just where abouts they are.

5 . Routing, i dont know why but seems to route off some motorway junction up to roundabout and back down other side to rejoin motorway, other than that seems quite good, but each route needs tweeking.

6. Routing on PC copilot central seem different to that on PDA.

7. Routing from a - b - a is a nightmare.

8 . The safety mode when travelling seems to revert to 2d mode, but still indicates safety mode in settings.

9 . When travelling i set it for head up, but at 1 point copilot was showing my route all over the place, i was travelling upside down at 1 point which i found quite funny actually.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone other than me had any problems with Copilot 7, i'm a lorry driver so i think i pick problems up quicker than other people mite, Issues i have

1 . Copilot wouldnt connect to my GPS receiver after update, needed GPS Gate to solve this problems as ALK said it was my PDA and needs repair.

what device are you using and did you have any other gps application in use at the time may be runnign in the back ground

2 . Sometime waypoints are not used in routing, not sure why some are and some arent

are you picking the way points on the map or selecting them another way

3 . Customer POI's well what can i say crap all round, Not shown on pc map alerts are useless and go off randomely and are unmanagable.

do you mean custom pois???

4 . Speed camera, well only about 50% are know about in copilot, must be the worsed database available and seems to alert you of every speed camera in a 1 mile radious and are very confusing just where abouts they are.

the pcoketgpsworld.com is fully compatable with cp7

5 . Routing, i dont know why but seems to route off some motorway junction up to roundabout and back down other side to rejoin motorway, other than that seems quite good, but each route needs tweeking.

are you using a custom routing profile is can be created in the settings, routing menu

6. Routing on PC copilot central seem different to that on PDA.

i havent used cp centeral for pre planning routes

7. Routing from a - b - a is a nightmare

if you mean plan or edit a trip then yes its not the best way to do it but have had to put 10 drops in it before now on many an occasion you do get used to it

8 . The safety mode when travelling seems to revert to 2d mode, but still indicates safety mode in settings

i usually leave it in 3d

9 . When travelling i set it for head up, but at 1 point copilot was showing my route all over the place, i was travelling upside down at 1 point which i found quite funny actually.
this i havent seen at all in nearly 6 months use of cp7 maybe the pda was having an off day Laughing

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
HytheMan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Not Stupid Reply with quote

Thanks alix776 you seem to love your copilot, i have a hp hx4700 pda, just like to say im not stupid and have been using copilot since 5, and all these bugs i have mentioned and more, are all from previous versions, i cant compare copilot with TOMTOM or others as the only other sat nav i have used is garmin streetpilot 3, i dont know what lorry you drive but i drive a 44 tonner and i need to pre plan my routes and reset route setting for each day, or my route would be all over the place, i use waypoints to make my route easier (Which i pick on map) for me and to avoid low bridges which are my custom POI's, which i have to use copilot 6 central as these are not visible now in 7, these are downloaded from the bridgeX site, i do know how to setup bluetooth but just to make thing clear i rang ALK every day for a week trying to correct this problem and in the end they said i had a faulty PDA, but seems funny when i reloaded copilot 6 it worked fine, and why should you have to pay out for speed cameras when this is advertise as free with copilot, i'm trying snooper truckmate now anyway as i have had enough of copilot.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6 months ago i was driving a 44 tonner on container going all over the uk as id done for the previous 10 years.now im a courier and still use the same settings as i used in the truck. ive use cp7 for about 8-9 months now and have courrently since october done 44k miles.
the problem of an ipaq 4700 not to allow a connection to a bluetooth gps is a hit and miss one. i have seen this happen 30 previous the ipaq ran ran and 30 minutes later it just would not connect to the bt gps at all

the pda i use is an xda orbit2 previously to that i use cp7 on a tmobile compact3

yes you do have to plan routes carefully i always use any sat nav with the aa truckers altas. also i never followed it blindly.

your connection problem could be a device issue with the cp7 application rather than a faulty device
are you running windows 2003se or wm05-6

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
HytheMan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again, i have win mobile 5 downloaded from the hp site, what i cant make out is that when i installed and run GPSGate and then setup copilot 7 it connects fine, i dont use the bt gps either i use Rikaline GPS-6033 but do get same prob with copilot bt receiver, to be honest copilot 7 is so full of bugs which is a shame as i did like copilot, but i have paid out for snooper syrius truckmate now and i have found that the mapping and postcodes seems more upto date, and it seems to have a more english feel to it, it doesnt call roundabouts circles, and motorway are motorway and not freeways ect ect, and it doesnt route me off at motorway junction up to roundabout and back down to motorway, the speed camera database in snooper must be the best i have ever seen (Which is free to update), 1 little thing which has stayed with copilot is when it indicates a roundabout ahead it indicates the right exit but the wrong angel in the indicator panel, yes there are some issues with snooper but no where near as many as copilot 7, but i dont think any gps system is 100%, but i feel that they are dedicated to it and the views of its customers, unlike copilot

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: