Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Long time user of Route 66 - TMC Problem on i780
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Long time user of Route 66 - TMC Problem on i780

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matt1971
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Long time user of Route 66 - TMC Problem on i780 Reply with quote

Hi,

I have used Route on my old M3100 (Tytn) for about a year.

I have just upgraded my device to a Samsung i780.

I have been waiting a couple of days for an answer from r66 to my question about compatibility etc. (FYI: the i780 is WM6 and has a 320x320 screen)

I bit the bullet and took the micro SD card from my old device, and entered it into my i780.

I then ran the cabs in the 2577 folder (This is for the latest version of R66 7.0.3489) - so now the route66 application is in my main memory and all of the other files and directories are on the SD card (I used to have the app also on the SD card)

The i780 has an internal GPS which I managed to get working via GPS Gate.

Aside from R66 hanging unless the GPS has found a valid position before launching R66 - the only issue I have and its a weird one - after going into the R66 options, then choosing settings - there is no option for the TMC configuration. It used to be one of the last icons to click but nothing is there now.

I still have the TMC information icon so can update the information - however the configuration screen allowing me to alter the refresh rate and dynamic re-routing etc is just not there.

The TMC directory is present on the SD card.

Not sure what to do, but maybe 3 causes are:

Installing R66 to the main memory?
Has it lost the icon due to the 320x320 screen?
I didnt deactivate the app from my old device before reactivating on my i780 - is this an issue?

Sorry for all the questions but really in the dark on this one!!

If youve reached this far - then thanks for reading!!

Matt
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt I think this is going to be down to the screen resolution, I didn't de-activate Route 66 when I last upgraded my phone and the TMC works fine, I also have the application stored in Main Memory, and it works fine, but my device is QVGA, I would take this up further with Route 66 support to be honest - Mike
matt1971
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Matt I think this is going to be down to the screen resolution, I didn't de-activate Route 66 when I last upgraded my phone and the TMC works fine, I also have the application stored in Main Memory, and it works fine, but my device is QVGA, I would take this up further with Route 66 support to be honest - Mike

Hi,

Well an interesting response from R66 support, although completely wrong!!

I have R66 working perfectly on my Samsung i780 - apart from the TMC but not fussed about and will wait for their next release.

They said:

First of all, your Samsung I 780 is not a Pocket PC, it is Windows Mobile 6 smartphone, theoretically working with”Mobile 7 WMS”, not “Navigate 7 PPC”

We have carefully checked Samsung I 780 specifications at the following link:

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=866&view=1

So, the most appropriate application for it would be “Mobile 7 WMS”, not “Navigate 7 PPC”

So, the first incompatibility is that “Navigate 7 PPC” is not the right application for smartphones.

Secondly, Windows Mobile 6 is not yet officially supported by neither “Navigate 7 PPC” or “Mobile 7 WMS” Windows Mobile 5.

Therefore, we can offer you no solution to your instalaltion problem.

***End

....its funny how all my applications from my old M3100/Tytn/Hermes "Pocket PC" work on my i780 which according to R66 is a "Smartphone"

Matt

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: