Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Home with Macintosh 10.5.2 problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Home with Macintosh 10.5.2 problem
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3GGG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: TomTom Home with Macintosh 10.5.2 problem Reply with quote

I just got a ONE v3 Europe today and hooked it up to my Intel iMac running OS X 10.5.2

Backed up OK - also got latest map etc.

However one problem. I cannot get "Operate my ONE" to work. It appears to download the new file it requires, then I get Error has occurred "Installation of the add-on failed". I have a button to report it to TomTom which I have done (twice).

Version of TT Home is 2.2.2.28

Anyone else have this problem and is there a known solution. I have asked TT but reply was all about Windows and C:\ etc...
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried extracting the new file from the Download folder and manually installing it?

Alternatively, have you looked on TomTom's web site to see if there are any more up to date versions of the software that came with your unit? If there are, it might be worth downloading and installing
3GGG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GPS_fan wrote:
Have you tried extracting the new file from the Download folder and manually installing it?

Alternatively, have you looked on TomTom's web site to see if there are any more up to date versions of the software that came with your unit? If there are, it might be worth downloading and installing

Thanks, I installed the latest version of the Mac software today when I got the unit. I downloaded it from the UK TT site. It says that it is the latest and greatest when I check for updates within the program.

I just looked inside the TT 'downloads' folder on my Mac and see a folder called 'program' inside that TomTom_Application_forONE_3RD_Edition folder.
3 files in that
navcore....cab
navcore_7.toc
program.png

I'm not sure if they were the files downloaded when I first ran "Operate my ONE"
3GGG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT support suggested 'un-installing" TT Home and the documents folder that it creates and install a fresh copy. Have done so, same problem.

This time the file appeared to download but did not appear in the new TT downloads folder.

(I kept a zipped copy of my previous folder, as it has my only backup of the TT ONE).

I'm doing another backup now.

Other things appear to be fine, I can upload changed maps etc from within TT Home. It is just this file installation that won't work and thus I cannot try the "Operate my ONE" feature - which is needed to set a password on the ONE.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgive me if my information is out of date. But until recently at least, the "Operate my Device" part of Home has NEVER worked on a Mac.
I thought this was still the case....

Try a search of the forum for "Home" + "Mac"
3GGG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Dear! - That is poor isn't it?

Why don't TT support just come out and say that instead of wasting my and everyone else's time?
ColourPhil
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm another Mac user with TT Home not operating from my iMac Alu with 10.5.2. However IT DID work for a few weeks, before I upgraded the 520T to 7.480 then 7.481! It never worked on my G4 PowerBook with 10.4.11.
A bonus is that RDC TMC now works occasionally on the western part of the M25, except that it didn't show a big tailback near the M1 this evening. Nice solid green circle though! Had previously only ever got a signal in the Milton Keynes area.
3GGG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColourPhil wrote:
I'm another Mac user with TT Home not operating from my iMac Alu with 10.5.2. However IT DID work for a few weeks, before I upgraded the 520T to 7.480 then 7.481! It never worked on my G4 PowerBook with 10.4.11.
A bonus is that RDC TMC now works occasionally on the western part of the M25, except that it didn't show a big tailback near the M1 this evening. Nice solid green circle though! Had previously only ever got a signal in the Milton Keynes area.

It appears to be only the "Operate my ONE" part of the TT Home program that doesn't work here. Is that what you find also?

I was actually rather amazed that TT had produced anything for the Mac. I expected to have to fire up an old PC or use Parallels to do anything.
ColourPhil
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 3GGG
Yes it seems to be only the "Operate my Tom Tom from the Mac" which doesn't work now. Originally on Home V1.6(?) only updates worked, except the "latest map offer". This worked with V1.2 something, then "Operate..." started working but only with Leopard? This was just after I got my iMac and was pleasantly surprised but not for long!
3GGG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColourPhil wrote:
Hi 3GGG
Yes it seems to be only the "Operate my Tom Tom from the Mac" which doesn't work now. Originally on Home V1.6(?) only updates worked, except the "latest map offer". This worked with V1.2 something, then "Operate..." started working but only with Leopard? This was just after I got my iMac and was pleasantly surprised but not for long!

Thanks - perhaps if TT get enough complaints they will fix whatever broke in Leopard. Have you contacted them about it?

-- David
stuart
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3GGG wrote:
ColourPhil wrote:
Hi 3GGG

Thanks - perhaps if TT get enough complaints they will fix whatever broke in Leopard. Have you contacted them about it?

-- David

I will NOT load HOME onto my new iMac .... Ever! The Dell will be the scape goat for all that sort of thing
3GGG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you worried about Stuart? - AFAIK the TomTom HOME Macintosh software is not causing any problem with the iMac, it is just that parts of it are not working with 10.5.2.
stuart
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks 3GGG. In that case I'll install it. I can always uninstall it if it causes a problem. It shouldn't do I know, but he wife doesn't want to many of my extras on it. Laughing (Yes, it is mine but you know the score Wink )
3GGG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got this reply from TT

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support

I have checked with my 2nd line team, and the Operate My One section of TomTom Home does not work with a mac yet. We are aiming to release a new version of TomTom Home with this feature working.

Please bear with us in the meantime until we release a new version of TomTom Home
Kar98
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3GGG wrote:
Got this reply from TT

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support

I have checked with my 2nd line team, and the Operate My One section of TomTom Home does not work with a mac yet. We are aiming to release a new version of TomTom Home with this feature working.

Please bear with us in the meantime until we release a new version of TomTom Home

I doubt that very much, since Operate My One doesn't work on the latest TomTom Home for Windows either, using my One LE (aka One 2nd Ed, aka One v4)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: