Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Free Navman Celeb voice.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Free Navman Celeb voice.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bertbe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Free Navman Celeb voice. Reply with quote

Hi,

We have been working on a Celeb (impersonation) voice for the Navman. We think we have cracked it and have created an Arnold Schwarzenegger voice.

This voice is available for FREE below.

The voice has been tested on a few models but we would love to hear all the models it works on, if you could leave us a note to say if this worked on your device that would be great!

The download address is: http://www.car-neons.co.uk/uk_f_5.zip

To install this voice the file "uk_f_5.dat" will have to be deleted or renamed in the folder "sounds" on the Navman. The new voice with the same name should then be transferred to the "sounds" folder. The voice should then be installed.

The “sounds” folder can be accessed by connecting your Navman to your computer via the usb. Clicking on My computer, the device will then show up as a device under “Devices with removable storage” click on the device and you will then find the “sounds” folder.

Please make a backup of all files before installing this voice. As with all 3rd party software we accept no responsibility for any problems with this voice or the Navman as a result of installation.
TheM
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! Could you speed it up a bit, though? And it declares itself as female voice...
bertbe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thank you for trying the voice, we can and will speed the voice up. Thank you for the feedback! We can create the voice so it can replace "uk_f_5.dat" or "uk_m_5.dat" so we can create it as the male. Just needs to be either of these for the device to pick it up.

Can I ask which model/models you managed to get this voice to work on?

Thank you again.
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: It Works! Reply with quote

It works...! Just shows it can be done...

Worked with no issues on my Navman s90i with sp1 installed

Thanks! Agree a speed-ed up version would be even better

Now how long I will keep it live for, thats another question!

Last edited by xtraseller on Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheM
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bertbe wrote:
Can I ask which model/models you managed to get this voice to work on?

S70 with SP.
bertbe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your replys. If any one else could say which models they have got this to work on that would be great!
TheM
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which version have you based this on?
bertbe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

The voice was created based on a s30, in the hope it would work on all the S series, this appears to be the case. We are trying to get a feel now if this will work on the other series models such as N series. In our experience voices do normally work across the board, this is the case with Garmin and TomTom. However this may not be the case with the Navman..
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bertbe If you continually create accounts here under different identities we will have no option but to block your IP addresses permanently.

Posting under numerous different identities is forbidden on our forums and is not the methods of a normal business. Nor are we here to service research for your commercial business.

I'll let this thread and identity stand but if I discover you have registered any more you will be banned permanently.
bertbe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Its not our intention to upset, there probably is a few names we have used, mainly due to forgetting username or passwords not out of malice more laziness. For that I'm sorry, we shall not create anymore. Granted this is research but if users are happy receiving a free voice for a bit of feedback we think this is a fair exchange. I do not wish to argue if you feel we are sailing close to the wind please delete the thread and we will investigate else where.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bertbe wrote:
Its not our intention to upset, there probably is a few names we have used, mainly due to forgetting username or passwords not out of malice more laziness. For that I'm sorry, we shall not create anymore. Granted this is research but if users are happy receiving a free voice for a bit of feedback we think this is a fair exchange. I do not wish to argue if you feel we are sailing close to the wind please delete the thread and we will investigate else where.

This particular post is not the issue, you have created half a dozen various identities and each has been used to further your commercial businesses.

The correct manner in which to approach this is to email and ask permission before proceeding.

I have said this thread can stand and you can continue to discuss the Navman voice here. Any further commercial business must be cleared with us first. If you forget your login then email and ask.
bertbe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That all sounds perfectly reasonable we shall contact yourself in future. Thank you.
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Voices Reply with quote

Forgeting the tension here (...!) does this mean you'll be looking into creating a range of Navman voices then?
bertbe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is doable then yes, we are just really enquiring at the moment. All feedback is welcomed if any more people have got the voice working. We will speed up the voice shortly and add in a few character isms.
TheM
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bertbe wrote:
We are trying to get a feel now if this will work on the other series models such as N series. In our experience voices do normally work across the board, this is the case with Garmin and TomTom. However this may not be the case with the Navman.

There was an investigation into new voices for Navman devices sometime ago on this forum -- if I remember correctly devices investigated were iCN530 and N20. I played a bit then with swapping voices between different devices and software releases and sometimes they appear to be working, other times words are all mixed up. So no, it won't work across the board -- you'll have to get a sample for every software release you want to support and examine it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: