Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Rider 2 power switch
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Rider 2 power switch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Motorcycle GPS Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
exportman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Rider 2 power switch Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a TT rider 2 and it had always been difficult to switch on and off. A couple of weeks ago it would not turn on at all. Most annoyed as I was a distance away from home and not too familiar with the area. Once I got home I tried again and still could not get it to work so got the tools out and pulled it to bits. Found the problem. The external rubber button has extension piece on the inside this slides into a rectangular metal tube that sits over the micro switch. The guide was out of alignment and as a result the extension on the back of the button could not reach the micro switch. Tried several time but could not get it to stay lined up so just removed it. Now the TT is easy to turn on and off I have had no problems at all since. Not sure why the guide was fitted as mine works fine without.
clwydian
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is a PITA to switch on and off too. Whilst I was faffing round with it yesterday testing the on / off cycle I managed to crash it to a lit but empty screen! A pin in the reset hole fixed it, but its the first satnav I have crashed....!

Rider2

Carl N wales
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jurassic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank goodness for this website!! Mine crashed while connecting and disconnecting the USB to the computer - same symptoms - grey, lit screen but no response to on/off switch. I was about to invalidate all warranties with a large screwdriver and a smaller allen key (and quite possibly a much larger hammer, given my skill with tools!)when I read this post. One paper clip later and it is functioning. Thanks, clwydian....much appreciated
Bill Lichfield
Tarby777
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been there, done that! In the absence of a paper clip, you just have to let the battery run down and it'll be OK next time you switch it on. Not great if you were planning on using it in the time it takes the battery to discharge...
Jurassic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: TomTom Rider2 on/off switch Reply with quote

Clearly I became complacent after successful resetting (see earlier post in the same thread). Took the TTRider2 to Scotland for a trip into the wilderness, and after switching it off at the border on the way up I could not switch it on again! Subsequently I had to rely on old-fashioned maps to get me the rest of the 1500 miles I travelled in the remaining 4 days.
Now back home, but rather than invalidate guarantees by taking the same route as the earlier respondent I've decided to return it to TomTom as not being "fit for purpose".
I'll keep you informed about progress. Watch this space......
exportman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Since writing my firsgt message about this problem I have sent my TT2 to turn on and off automatically when it is connected to the powered cradle.
This save me forgetting to turn the dammed thing off.

Upraded a week or two ago and eveything seems OK so far. Use it almost every day ( speed cameras there are far too many ) and so far no problems

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Motorcycle GPS Users All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: