Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tomtom go wont pair for wireless connectivity - Please Help!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomtom go wont pair for wireless connectivity - Please Help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toilet-Duck
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Tomtom go wont pair for wireless connectivity - Please Help! Reply with quote

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help me here, basically I have a tomtom go 710 my phone pairs fine however it wont pair the internet connectivety for some reason...

It worked fine on my O2 Mini XDA but as soon as Ive switched phones to vario 3 it doesnt work anymore... My HSDPA/3G is setup fine but when my tomtom tries to connect to it, for some reason the phone disconnects from the internet...

As soon as the tomtom gives up trying the phone reconnects to T-Mobile HSDPA fine...

Ive tried installing WM6_DUN onto the phone after a soft reset this hasnt made any difference..

Can anyone help me please? Because I need this for tomtom traffic updates for work..

Cheers!
caravanj
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Wireless Data Pairing Reply with quote

I've got the same problem and was just about to post for help when I saw your posting. I'm on 3Mobile with a full data download package and I can use my SIM card with a Sony Ericsson W8801, a Sony Ericsson z660i and a Nokia N73 with no problem and all the phones can access all the 3 Mobile areas . I can connect any of the phones to the TomTom via Bluetooth but as soon as I try for the wireless data connection I get to 65% and then nothing. It's the same with all 3 phones. I probably won't use it very much anyway since I use this site's speed camera database but I don't like having features that don't work. What a sad life I must lead!!
Your help please
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you both contact your phone company and ensure that full GPRS access is available on your contract, it is not enabled by default, and the fact you can browse WAP based sites means nothing, for access to the TomTom server you must have GPRS access via your network.

As for the problem Toilet-Duck has (This advice is specific to this site member), in addition to the above advice are you sure the CAB file to install the DUN profile has worked? - I would try running the CAB file again, then once complete press and hold the power button until the device offers a message about being shut down - accept the message on screen to reset the device. I have found if you reset the device to quickly post CAB installation it often looses the actual settings unless you do it this way - Mike
shadamehr
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to post too much for a bit, but spotted the 65% freeze bit here.

Very quick reply - LEAVE IT.

That is, leave both the device and TT for a very long time (sometimes in excess of 35 minutes), while it sticks at 65%.

Nearly ALL my devices did this - froze at 65% seemingly doing nothing for ages.

But leaving them all for a very long length of time resulted in one of two things... Either it finished off, completed, and worked fine.

Or it eventually fails with a message, but then allows you to choose MANUAL for the connection.

Do this, accept all the defaults offered, and "Automatic" for the DNS/IP questions, and see if it works.

Suggestion - Delete any existing pairing, switch of and back on your phone, and reset (the hole in the bottom) your device, before trying this. Then leave at 65% as long as it takes, and see if it works following either step.
caravanj
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadamehr, you are truly a genius. I was fairly sure I had full GPRS access since I use push mail and Yahoo GO which has a GPRS mapping, traffic & weather system. Anyway I did have to leave the unit switched on at 65% for ages but I had to manually stop the 720 from shutting down about 10 times and then it did go to manual options & I'm now sorted. Many thanks.
shadamehr
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caravanj wrote:
Shadamehr, you are truly a genius. I was fairly sure I had full GPRS access since I use push mail and Yahoo GO which has a GPRS mapping, traffic & weather system. Anyway I did have to leave the unit switched on at 65% for ages but I had to manually stop the 720 from shutting down about 10 times and then it did go to manual options & I'm now sorted. Many thanks.

My absolute immense pleasure mate, for reasons you don't know.

As I was wary of posting at that time, for reasons best not mentioned, and almost never bothered, as you might see from what I started by saying.

But I took the plunge and posted, and thankfully, this DID affect you, and it was able to fix it. So I am more pleased than you can imagine to hear you say that.

Note to others (please please please, I mean it friendly though, to ALL of you reading) - this is the sort of reason why I DON'T want to have to just lurk, if I can help it.

Sometimes, we ALL have some useful advice to share. And this site, can be a truly great place.

So a big warm hug to EVERYONE - no exception here, as I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy having took the risk in posting now, and paying off.

Poor "caravanj" is probably wondering what on earth he is letting himself in for though *Laughing Out Loud* - the answer mate, is a great forum, where people generally want to help. Oh and another hint for you - if it suddenly stops working, don't be tempted to fiddle with settings again - just switch off and on the phone, or both devices, and it invariably always fixes it for me.

So post away if you have any more issues, that's what we are ALL here for.

Cheers everyone!
caravanj
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. I used the forum a bit when I first started with the Navmans but I've just used the site for my camera downloads till now when I changed to TomTom.
Regards

Caravanj

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: