Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed Cameras in the South of France
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed Cameras in the South of France

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteveJay
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Speed Cameras in the South of France Reply with quote

Hi, We live permanently in the South of France so have not subscribed to the Camera database since we moved over a few years back. However my son is a subscriber in the UK and installed the French database for a visit this week.
Unfortunately while travelling around in his car we noticed that the database was not really accurate in our region at least. I was about to submit corrections when I noticed that the reward is only for subscribers. Is the database as bad in the rest of France because it is hardly worth subscribing if it is!
Also I tried to use the speed camera capture program version 1.09N 051121 which I installed quite a few years ago but it hangs my PDA is the available version improved or still the original. I am using TomTom 6.010 with 33.3 mb of free memory.
Also if I do decide to register and use the French Database are there any sound files for the kph speed limits like the excellent MPH ones. I don't really want to record them myself if somebody has already done it. (and Liz's voice is much better).
Thanks for any help or suggestions.
Steve
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

our non-uk databases are still in their infancy and need some work - but that also means there is a lot more chance of a free lifetime subscription.

france, germany and holland are 'ok' in certain areas, italy is quite well covered, as are australia and south africa.

we'll get there eventually but it needs user submissions to get them to the smae status as our uk one!

MaFt

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: