Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Bluetooth problem with iPAQ 214
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Bluetooth problem with iPAQ 214

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cartman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Bluetooth problem with iPAQ 214 Reply with quote

When I try & run TT6 , I get the message
"The Bluetooth Radio failed to turn on due to insufficient driver memory available. You must perform a normal reset before you can turn on the Bluetooth radio"
I've tried that but the message just comes back again. The Bluetooth works ok with my mobile phone so I guess there's a software glitch with TT. Any clues please ?
ETC
hdv
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: mine works fine Reply with quote

I have been using my iPAQ 214 with TomTom v. 6.030 for a while and never found such problem. Which TT version are you using?
cartman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: iPAQ 214 Reply with quote

@ hdv
I have v6.032 (8351)
The message comes up in a box headed BTTrayCE. I've tried uninstalling TTN & then the BT connects perfectly with my GPS receiver so I'm sure it's a TTN problem. I recall a while back it was necessary to modify the registry to stop TTN opening the BT browser but if your system works without that, I can't see why mine shouldn't too !!
ETC
alan_sh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom installs 2 DLL's which are older than the original ones for the 214. You just need to rename them, do a soft reset and then delete the renamed ones - the originals will then do the right job.

Now, you are going to ask which 2 DLL's they are - and I can't remember....

So, 1/2 an answer. If I find the names, I'll update this entry. If someone else has the answer, please add to it.

Alan
cartman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: 214 BT problem Reply with quote

Thanks to you both for taking the trouble to reply.
I'll have a play with the BT files in the meantime & see what I can find , in the hope that someone will come up with the right files to edit anyway !
ETC
wiz
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: iPAQ 214 Reply with quote

cartman wrote:

I have v6.032 (8351)
ETC

I have version 6.030 (8320) updated from Tom Tom site due to a problem with the display but don't have a problem with BT.

where did you get .032 from?

not had 214 for long, apart from the low sound levels its a gr8 piece of kit

what happens if the BT is already paired and running before you start TT?

hope you sort the problem soon.

Wiz
cartman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: 214 BT problem Reply with quote

OK problem solved !
It occurred to me that the problem started after I'd been playing about with the pairing between my PDA & my phone. I did a hard reset, reinstalled TT & now it works , so I'm assume the BT stack was messed up or a file was corrupted.
Thanks again folks
ETC

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: