Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 920T TMC Problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

920T TMC Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roadtrip
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: 920T TMC Problem Reply with quote

I live in Germany and have the 920T with TMC. When I plug the TMC cable into my TT and turn it on, there is a recognition of my TMC connection, but when I select a route from favorites, the TMC says, "cannot be used with the current map." What????? I then go back to the map window click on it and click on the right arrow back to the traffic icon, which now has a red X over it. I click on it and it changes to "enable traffic." I click on it again and now my TMC works as it should and I go to my selected destination in peace. I have been in contact with TT support and I get the usual recommendations that don't have anything to do with my problem. I'm told that the TMC receiver should work as soon as it's plugged in. DUHH!! I think know that! Do these people have any contact with reality? Has anybody else had this problem? Mad
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you purchase the device and TMC receiver, the only thing that springs to mind is that you have a USA spec RDS receiver which will not work in Europe.
Take a close look at the RDS-TMC lead adjacent to the connector is a small white flag with a number printed on it, what is this number as it will aid diagnosis further - Mike
roadtrip
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: 920T TMC Problem Reply with quote

Thanks, Mike. I got the unit from Amazon.com. It never occured to me that it would be US specs. The number on the tag is, "4V00-0083." If the problem is US specs, then why would it work after going back to the traffic icon the third time and when it says "enable traffic?"
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly don't recognise that receiver as a UK or European one, my guess is you have a US receiver, I have no idea why it works as I thought these were totally different, perhaps another call to customer support and ask them specifically which country that part numbered device is intended for (I would be very interested to find out their response) - Mike
Jose-Ramon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: 920T TMC Problem Reply with quote

roadtrip wrote:
... the TMC says, "cannot be used with the current map." What?????

Normally, that message indicates that the mapping does not include the TMC locations table in that country (in Germany LTN: D-1).
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same issue. The traffic may appear to work third time round, but i`d almost guarantee you that it will never show any delays. Thus its not working. I tried a UK tmc cable in the USA and said 'incorrect map' when i initially plugged it in. If i took it out and put it back in it had no error, but i NEVER got any traffic issues. Sound like you got a US tmc cable!

iPhone 12
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

US RDS-TMC receivers are different to the European ones and will not work when taken from their intended region of use - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: