Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help - Myguide 3100 dump / restore of Win CE / ROM required?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help - Myguide 3100 dump / restore of Win CE / ROM required?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anarack
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Help - Myguide 3100 dump / restore of Win CE / ROM required? Reply with quote

Hi guys - up until last week I was happily adding extras to my Myguide 3100 then I installed something by mistake - mis interpreting how the flash drives on these units work ( and by using a combo of Vista and xp Active synch, I think I have corrupted my WinCE ( ver 5 ).

I followed instructions to 'refresh' the device to its initial status - but it appears that it has only refreshed the navigation software - and although the software works fine - it keeps telling me that it has NO GPS SIGNAL no matter what software I choose to use on it!

I have tried adding a [gps] section to the sys.txt file but still the same - If I have screwed up a dll file or driver for the GPS hardware, can anyone please tell me how best to go about fixing it please?
Can someone copy and send me dll files? Or am I at the stage of needing to have a 3100 dumped and restored on my device.

I thought that the WinCE OS was in ROM and would not be able to be changed without flashing ( which I have not done )

Any idea would be gratefully accepted.

Thanks
Blue_Monk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Help - Myguide 3100 dump / restore of Win CE / ROM requi Reply with quote

anarack wrote:
Hi guys - up until last week I was happily adding extras to my Myguide 3100 then I installed something by mistake - mis interpreting how the flash drives on these units work ( and by using a combo of Vista and xp Active synch, I think I have corrupted my WinCE ( ver 5 ).

I followed instructions to 'refresh' the device to its initial status - but it appears that it has only refreshed the navigation software - and although the software works fine - it keeps telling me that it has NO GPS SIGNAL no matter what software I choose to use on it!

I have tried adding a [gps] section to the sys.txt file but still the same - If I have screwed up a dll file or driver for the GPS hardware, can anyone please tell me how best to go about fixing it please?
Can someone copy and send me dll files? Or am I at the stage of needing to have a 3100 dumped and restored on my device.

I thought that the WinCE OS was in ROM and would not be able to be changed without flashing ( which I have not done )

Any idea would be gratefully accepted.

Thanks

In WINDOWS dir you'll find a file called GPSMC.exe Run that exe. This should fix your problem.
If this does'nt work... just reset. from the back or using the tools here

http://rapidshare.com/files/109967498/Guide3100-24apr08.rar
Blue_Monk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: Help - Myguide 3100 dump / restore of Win CE / ROM requi Reply with quote

Oh. One more thing. You can't edit the Flashed WIN CE 5.0 by mistake or even on purpose. you can just dump it, edit the dump and then reflash so if you still can't repair it just HARD RESET. ( or simply delete the Init line in the reg eith the device. exe. the device will frezee for about 5 min's and then will self Hard reset/ restore to factory the files and the Reg hive. It wil not restore the navigation software. that you must restore manualy)
anarack
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Help - Myguide 3100 dump / restore of Win CE / ROM requi Reply with quote

Hey Blue Monk - thanks for your post - I have found out through sheer persistence, that by manually running GPSMC.exe via explorer B4 opening a navigation application seems to get it working - Have you any idea why this is? I can see that it is an exec named in the boot sequence with a dependence on something else - I was concerned about mucking around with the registry.

I thought that I may have stopped it loading due to sequence changes because of software I have added to it - but having gone through the reset procedure via the supplied Myguide CD - it still exhibited the same problem.

Has anyone else suffered from this?

I may try doing a full reset and then putting back only the software I want.

One last thing, I would like to use it with the rengemaster maps I have while out walking the dog on occasions, have you got a sure fire app set up I can use to run either MindMap of Fugawi to run those - I have got them to work but they do not show my position on the map.

Thanks again
Blue_Monk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Damn. Myguide 3100 . Reply with quote

Mine little baby is frozen at about 8% at boot phaze and... i can't hard reset the old way ( i can not edit the registry). does anyone have any ideeas ???

Does anyone have a ROM for this ???
kaosz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Damn. Myguide 3100 . Reply with quote

Blue_Monk wrote:
Mine little baby is frozen at about 8% at boot phaze and... i can't hard reset the old way ( i can not edit the registry). does anyone have any ideeas ???

Does anyone have a ROM for this ???

Hi Blue_Monk!
I deleted the init line in the registry, but my navi is frozen about 8% like yours (and the screen is green or white). Have you any solution?
I made a dump with another myguide 3100, but I don't know how to flash without activesync connection, or edit the registry. Sad
Please, help me!
Blue_Monk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Sorry for the huge absence. Reply with quote

If you still have that dump i would like to take a look at it . i'm working in my little spare time at a ROM for the Myguide 3100. Still ned the dump to load up the drivers for the hardware parts. the os i already finished based on the one the myguide released to update some of the units on the market.
sdr1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!
I'm new from here!
I have a one pna ARIVAL NACA-400 and i think is like myguide 31oo.
I try one player.exe and now not boot and not connect with activesinc.
Anyone can help me with a rom or dump and how rwite it ?
I want try a rom from myguide 3100.
Sorry for my bad english!!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: