Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help with Destinator 3 and Holux GR-230
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with Destinator 3 and Holux GR-230

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skawrpion
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Help with Destinator 3 and Holux GR-230 Reply with quote

I have been using Destinator 3 30 day trial for about 3 days now and I keep loosing the GPS signal, I have been driving for about 20 miles oneway and the signal is lost 2 to 4 times during this time period.
Also when I do have a signal and I look in the status screen, are the satelites supposed to be on constantly? the reason I ask is because they are always blinking on and off so I see 7 sats and then zero then seven again and so on...

Please help, I am considering a puchase for this software but if I have to try and re-aquire the gps signal 3 to 4 times in 20 miles then it will be a no go.
Thanks.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the blinking is "normal" - it's just annoying but not really a bug.

What is your PDA? Make sure you use NMEA 38400 - that's the least problematic for BlueTooth

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Skawrpion
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an ipaq 2210, thanks for the sugestion but I have been using NMEA 38400 and I still loose GPS signal. Could it be anything else?
I have been reading about this update PowerLoc has released version 3.0.5.4, si there any mention of this on this new release?
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good question. I don't have a 2210, the 3.0.54 works fine on my 3970. Why don't you try it out?

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Skawrpion
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunatelly I cannot for I got a trial version from BuyGPSnow.com and until I buy the full version of Destinator 3 I am afraid I cannot get the new release.
I have one more question if you don't mind, I live in New York and I have loaded the whole NY region and Canada and I noticed that if I route from where I live to a location in Canada the route stops at the border beteween US and Canada, am I doing something wrong here or does Destinator 3 not support seemless mapping between two different regions?

Thanks again for all your help.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, that's an interesting one... I was under the impression that it would route across map boundaries. I will have to try that , but I'll also ask PowerLoc about it.

can you do an experiment and export two smaller maps that are overlapping somewhat and then plan a route from one to the other?

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Skawrpion
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok this is what I have done, I loaded the usa5 and canda section to my 2200 and it will not route from usa5 to canada.
The I loaded just NY and VT and it will not route from NY to VT, I am surprised that no one has mentioned this in this forum 8O , are the european maps different?

As far as I can see Destinator 3 does not have the capacity of routing semlessly from map to map, it can however map from NY to VT if you load the whole USA5 section as a whole but will not route to a different section like usa 5 to usa 6 or 4 and so on.

To bad I really like the way this map looked, very detailed compared to my friend's software mapopolis, but since it is crippled in the fact that it has no semless mapping i guess I will have to look else where like Mapopolis or Routis at least I know mapopolis will route from NY to Canada but not sure about Routis, guess I will have to ask in that forum?

I am glad I did not spend $200 on Destinator 3, very dissapointing since I have a 1GB SD card. Sad
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think I need to revise the entry in the NA street navigation comparison database?

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Skawrpion
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you been able to reroduce this on your unit? What does PowerLoc have to say about it? just curious.
Skawrpion
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So to make sure, I guess I am alone on this for no one else is having issues with routing from region to region right? Confused
Skawrpion
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey THANKS! but I found the answer!

"To travel from one map zone to another, you need to purchase either Route USA for North America or Major Roads of Europe (MRE) for Europe. Both package includes detailed highway and interstate information. Using the major highways and interstates Destinator will take you across different states or zones in order to guide you to your destination. Once you physically arrive in your destination state or zone, you can switch to that detailed street level map and select your exact address to navigate."

Not only does this app cost a lot but they want more money if you plan to go from map zone to mapzone, guess who is not getting my money?

Routis is a new contender in the GPS world and it does a much better job then these jokers (PowerLoc) Rolling Eyes

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: