Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Medion Navigator 5.1 update file. NEED HELP!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Medion Navigator 5.1 update file. NEED HELP!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dahlmann
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Medion Navigator 5.1 update file. NEED HELP!!! Reply with quote

Hello.

I'm running the 4.4 software but I have all the maps for the 5.xx ver. but I don't have the install file for the 5.xx ver.

Is there anyone who can help me find this file, I have been looking everywhere. Maybe someone can mail it to me ?

I'm in a hurry, so I'm looking forward to an anwser.

Best regards
Jes Dahlmann
DaveNN
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Medion Navigator 5.1 update file. NEED HELP!!! Reply with quote

Dahlmann wrote:
Hello.

I'm running the 4.4 software but I have all the maps for the 5.xx ver. but I don't have the install file for the 5.xx ver.

Is there anyone who can help me find this file, I have been looking everywhere. Maybe someone can mail it to me ?

Best regards
Jes Dahlmann

Will see what we can do...but (forgive me for this) how come you don't have the install file??
Wouldn't it come with the maps???
Running Cameralert via Samsung S7 Edge
Dahlmann
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Medion Navigator 5.1 update file. NEED HELP!!! Reply with quote

DaveNN wrote:
Dahlmann wrote:
Hello.

Best regards
Jes Dahlmann

Will see what we can do...but (forgive me for this) how come you don't have the install file??

Hello.

I bought a download of the maps! Should the install file be with the maps then???

I would appreciate it if you could help me.
DaveNN
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Medion Navigator 5.1 update file. NEED HELP!!! Reply with quote

Dahlmann wrote:
DaveNN wrote:
Dahlmann wrote:
Hello.

Best regards
Jes Dahlmann

Hello.

I bought a download of the maps! Should the install file be with the maps then???

I would appreciate it if you could help me.

Mmmmm, so the maps didn't come on DVD??
Assuming that the maps are legit, I would've thought that the install file would be included....
In the meantime have a word with the vendor of the maps, whilst I think about this.
Dahlmann
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought them here http://www.sommerandengelhart.com/index.php?target=search but I see no install file for the 5.xx version. Should it be there???

What is it you want to think about ?

/Jes Dahlmann
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That site is selling pirate software. clear as day I'm afraid. Unless you can think of a good reason why a product costing over £300 is available there for $35!

All the spiel about OEM Software etc is just BS to fool the consumer.

Personally if you weren't aware of this, I'd contact your credit card company and request the charge be reversed and explain why.

Last edited by Darren on Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
DaveNN
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dahlmann wrote:
I bought them here http://www.sommerandengelhart.com/index.php?target=search but I see no install file for the 5.xx version. Should it be there???

/Jes Dahlmann

Well...... I was going to sit down & try to suss out a way around this (perhaps by frigging your current install file...for instance).
In addition, I was going to speak with one of my guys who (I believe) runs this system...then (& assuming that the forum would allow me to send you the required file) see if I could get a copy from him to send to you.

Isn't that what you were asking for??????

As noted, in the meantime, pls contact your vendor for further tech support......
Dahlmann
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
That site is selling pirate software. clear as day I'm afraid. Unless you can think of a good reason why a product costing over £300 is available there for $35!

Personally if you weren't aware of this, I'd contact your credit card company and request the charge be reversed and explain why.

I bought the Scandinavia maps there, and I don't think it is pirate software, because they aren't that expencive when you find them at a shop.

But I still need the 5.xx version install file - is there someone who can help me with that ?

Looking forward to an anwser.
Dahlmann
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveNN wrote:
Dahlmann wrote:

/Jes Dahlmann

Well...... I was going to sit down & try to suss out a way around this (perhaps by frigging your current install file...for instance).
In addition, I was going to speak with one of my guys who (I believe) runs this system...then (& assuming that the forum would allow me to send you the required file) see if I could get a copy from him to send to you.

Isn't that what you were asking for??????

As noted, in the meantime, pls contact your vendor for further tech support......

I see, thank you very much.

I just hope that you can send it to me soon :D!

Looking forward to hear from you.
DaveNN
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:

Thanks for the clarification Darren.
As I don't wish to run the risk of losing my £19.00 subs, I'll step back from this now!

Dalhmann, pls don't be offended BUT the Forum can't be seen to assist the promotion of Piracy!
I hope that you do get the money back....
However, you're not the first, nor the last to be ripped off by a money grabbing omniped (Wikki Mr Paul McCartney Laughing ).
DaveNN
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveNN wrote:
Darren wrote:

As I don't wish to run the risk of losing my £19.00 subs, I'll step back from this now!

Dalhmann, pls don't be offended BUT the Forum can't be seen to assist the promotion of Piracy!
However, you're not the first, nor the last to be ripped off by a money grabbing omniped (Wikki Mr Paul McCartney Laughing ).

Just grabbed this from the site....
"
Refund/Cancel
Willing to provide our customers with quality and moderate products and positive experience of purchasing via the Internet, we are representing this MoneyBack policy to ensure your complete satisfaction from the purchase.

If you are not satisfied with the software purchased directly from our online store, contact us within 30 days of your purchase to receive a refund. Refunds requested more than 30 days after your initial purchase date will not be issued unless the transaction was subject to a fraudulent purchase.

The full credit will be issued in the following cases:

You are having problems during installation which can not be resolved by our Customer Service or Technical Service representatives, the software you have purchased does not function correctly,
Other reason which is supposed to be essential by our Customer Service.

The full credit will NOT be issued if:

Your computer does not meet the minimal system requirements for the software product purchased. By making a purchase you confirm that you have read and learned the basic system requirements for the product, available on official site.
The user is unable to understand, install and utilize the software because of a lack of knowledge of the basic computer functions. All software is sold with the joint understanding that the customer possesses a basic knowledge of computer systems and software functionality.
You cannot get updates or technical support from soft manufactorer.
You cannot CLEARLY describe what problem you have with purchased soft.
Partial refunds cannot be issued due to technical peculiarities of the processing center. "
Dahlmann
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveNN wrote:
Darren wrote:

That's your choice, but as said I don't think that I bought pirate software, and I have never seen the maps where they cost £300.
But as said it is your choice.

Hope that someone else can help me find the install file, or send it to me.

DaveNN
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dahlmann wrote:
DaveNN wrote:
Darren wrote:

That's your choice, but as said I don't think that I bought pirate software, and I have never seen the maps where they cost £300.
But as said it is your choice.

Hope that someone else can help me find the install file, or send it to me.

Beginner

Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:11 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's all be very clear about Medion 5.1. I have done weeks of research on this (yes, very sad!).My conclusion is 5.1 comes pre-loaded on some Medion equipment only, not all, because 5.1 is not compatible with many PDA/PNAs, and Medion does not have a current solution. It is pointless buying/downloading 5.1 hoping it will load on to your current Medion or other PDA. I have tried it on 3 (Mio 168, Ipaq 3710 and Medion PNA100) without success. You can tweak the files all you like, no way will 5.1 work. Might work on PNA95900. Your solution if you want Poi-warner is to either downgrade to Medion 4.xx or buy Navigon 5 from the Navigon site for about 80 Euros. The latter is good, with some nice touches.

The above is an old thread on the 5.1.
I assume it's the same?????
MY first stop would be the Medion site................
Dahlmann
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried everywhere, also the medion site, but still nothing! Maybe a bit strange that the medion site does not have it, but the software is also old, maybe that's why.
DaveNN
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dahlmann wrote:
I have tried everywhere, also the medion site, but still nothing! Maybe a bit strange that the medion site does not have it, but the software is also old, maybe that's why.

yep..that's why it's appeared on that download site.
Personally, I'd buy a 205/210.....SO much better, cheaper & moddable!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: