Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Toyota GPS System
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Toyota GPS System

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilverFox331
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: Toyota GPS System Reply with quote

Hi,
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to get Speed camera information for the Toyota satnav please? Just bought a new car for my wife and speed cameras are not one it!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly check the manual to find out if the system supports custom POI files and does it offer a warning for POI locations, if so does it mention the file format it supports?
Not many built in car sat nav systems supplied by the vehicle manufacturer are very good when it comes to custom POI support - Mike
john877
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Mike has said I am pretty sure that you cannot put it on !! Even the new built in sat navs with the hard drive I do not think it is possible

Darren is I think familiar on the Toyota system I believe ??
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

john877 wrote:
Darren is I think familiar on the Toyota system I believe ??

Yup, I have a Toyota Nav and it is not possible to add our speedcam database or any similar custom POI set even by the circuitous route of editing the DVD data itself.
SilverFox331
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many Thanks to all, I thought that I couldn't do it, she will just have to drive to the limit then and use the mark one eye ball to keep an eye on the speedo
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've moved the discussion of the Inforad K1 which i suggested as an alternative to provide speedcam warnings to its own thread here.
MikeGordon
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:09 am    Post subject: In-built sat navs Reply with quote

I have the same issue with a new Mitsubishi system built in (Navteq). It has a 7" screen but the style seems to be set back in 2006 based on the copyright info. Frankly it is not a patch on my TomTom 930 in terms of ease of use, content and flexibility. Obviously manufacturers reckon they can make a killing from upgrades

My car electrician decided that the best thing to do was to run a simple connection from the car fuse box to a new 12v socket, plug the TT's lead in to it and run the other end inside the dash discreetly. He then mounted the TT holder somewhere safe and firm and hey presto you have the best of both worlds. All it cost was a few bits and a drink. If you forget your TT you still have the inbuilt beast.

Amusingly, the Mitsubishi spec'd device has a barometer and an altimeter. Is this for use when you drive over a cliff when you use an old map?

Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: