Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Driving pet hates
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Driving pet hates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Lost Satellite Fix - Off Topic Area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gardenshed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mostdom wrote:
Lack of common curtacy. Just a simple wave for letting someone out, or even a nod for waiting to let someone through. Barging into the space infront of me even though it is just big enough for my breaking dstance and I have to break to remain safe, or just barging about from lane to lane junction to junction with no concern for other road users.

OTHER PEOPLE ARE DRIVING HERE! Evil or Very Mad
totally agree, one other thing, is the way some people drive straight across roundabouts, therefore cutting off the other lane and driver Twisted Evil
The Rudd
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

My pet hate is when you are sitting patiently filtering into a single lane because of roadworks etc, you can guarantee that there will always be one who goes right to the front of the queue and try to push in. If only I was a Chieftan tank.

Jerry
TVR
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Pet peeve is lane discipline at round abouts.

Evil or Very Mad The number of stupid idiots who go more than 50% around the round about in the left lane get my back up. Also the HGV driver who uses the left lane for the same purpose, when the round about is big enough to accommodate them in the right-hand lane. Granted this is not always possible on small round abouts due to trailer lengths etc.

I note also comments that that HGV drivers are Professionals? No, they're not. Just listen to the traffic news today. How many times will you hear a traffic report involving an HGV? HGV drivers have bad drivers just like those who drive cars, vans and lorries. Evil or Very Mad

I'll also second most of the other comments above. I drive 50,000 mile per year on average and the standards of driving are severely declining.

Sygic for android in HD
Cameralert - pending

TomTom consigned to the bin, after 6 years loyal service.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As well as those, I've got two -

Evil or Very Mad Roundabouts: waiting for someone at a very busy one, who then takes an earlier exit but hasn't indicated, or people who signal as if they are definitely coming off before your turn then sail across your bows;

Burn In Hell Bendy roads: people who are terrified of winding roads and creep along at 10/20 mph, and then get a burst of exhuberent confidence whenever a rare straight section comes up and zip up to 40/50 so no one can get past them ... and guess what they do at the next section of bends??? (Had a lovely drive for miles across Dartmoor once like this).
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigPerk wrote:
people who are terrified of winding roads and creep along at 10/20 mph, and then get a burst of exhuberent confidence whenever a rare straight section comes up and zip up to 40/50 so no one can get past them ... and guess what they do at the next section of bends??? (Had a lovely drive for miles across Dartmoor once like this).

..and then, there are the people who are terrified of oncoming traffic and slow right down whenever anything approaches in the opposite direction - especially when it's dark.

There's also the group of people who I call "the full beam brigade" because they pootle along with their headlights on full beam (even when it's only twilight) and slow down by about 20mph whenever they have to dip them, then they whack them up again and speed up Twisted Evil

not forgetting those selfish oiks who fail to dip their headlights in the vicinity of other traffic Evil or Very Mad
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GPS_fan wrote:

There's also the group of people who I call "the full beam brigade" because they pootle along with their headlights on full beam

My brother had one like that behind him, and when he asked that person to turn them off because it was blinding him, while stopped at traffic lights, she told him she couldn't see properly because she had forgotten her glasses. AARRRRGGGHHHH! Shocked

After telling him she would turn them down, he pulled away only to have her blinding him again a mile down the road!

HERE LIES PND May it rest in peace.
Navigon 7310/iPhone Navigon&Copilot

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Lost Satellite Fix - Off Topic Area All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: