Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Newbie with a question re Speed Cam database
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie with a question re Speed Cam database

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laney748
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Newbie with a question re Speed Cam database Reply with quote

Hi all, first post. I've just bought an LG LN500 from Halfords as they were half price at £49. I wasn't looking for a Sat Nav, but at this price, I couldn't resist!

Anyway, I've just downloaded the database from this site and have followed the instructions to load onto Destinator 3 (Software is Destinator ND).
I think I've managed it, but I'm seeing all the .CSV files in My Places/My favourites. I can tap onto them and it shows the locations. Are they supposed to live there underneath My Favourites, or are they in the wrong place? I haven't been out in the car to try it yet, but I've demo'd a route with known speed cameras and it's not showing them?

I used Destinator Console to convert the .csv files and load them onto the device. It didn't give an option as to where to install the files.

Laney748
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone??
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the PGPSW database is usually stored as a custom POI or 'favourite' so i would assume that this is the correct location for your device?

do you get warned when you drive around near a camera location? not all devices will show them on a map unless you are actually driving but every unit is difference!

MaFt
Laney748
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get an audible warning, but it just says "favourites Alert". It came up on screen as the file name (Gatso_Camera_Ahead.csv) but I renamed the files accordingly. It now comes up as GATSO in big red letters!
washman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Using windows explorer with your device connected, look for a folder on the device called voices , open that up and there should be a file called 141 . This needs a new .wav file with the correct voice which says "Camera Ahead" , this can be made with any recording software as long as you save it as " 141.wav" and overwrite the original file.

Hope this helps

Mike
Laney748
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That works a treat! Cheers!!

What about favourites though? I take it they use the same sound file, so how can I run a seperate sound file for favourites?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: