Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 720 with Sony MEX-BT5100 Car Stereo
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

720 with Sony MEX-BT5100 Car Stereo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PicklesDad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: 720 with Sony MEX-BT5100 Car Stereo Reply with quote

Thought I would post this just in case any one was thinking of buying one.

I've seen several posts from people unable to get bluetooth working between their model of car stereo and the TomTom. Well you can add the Sony MEX-BT5100 to the list, though I feel it is more the TomTom's fault than Sony. The Sony is also a 2008 model.

I have a computer/software background so I've tried all of the obvious things, signal on, visibility, location of the two devices, supported profiles ......

The TomTom refuses to even see the stereo, either as a hands free device or as a head unit for streaming music too. The stereo will find the TomTom but rejects any pin entered. The TomTom should have asked for the corresponding pin. I've tried 0000 too.

Yet both the TomTom and the stereo will work with my Sony mobile as a hands free device. The mobile will also act as a source of music for the car stereo, so I have confirmed the spec that the stereo supports the required profiles to act as a head.

The only thing left to try is to totally reset the TomTom.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: