Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Home 2.2.0.33
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Home 2.2.0.33
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
souldude
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

many thanks ill give that a try and report back
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still not sure what you are trying to do in Home.
Seting up the cameras to warn as you drive is all done on the TomTom itself, not in Home.
All that Home is used for is to update te data once you've subscribed.

Home MAY have deleted the files somehow, in which case you can just re-copy the files from your backup into the map folder.
Can you tell us if there are any files with names beginning "Safety_Cam_UK_TomTom...." in either your TT's map folder or the map folder of your backup. Please use Windows Explorer to look for them, not Home.
souldude
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh i know thats all it does but here is my problem in the pictures

when you click the camera tab you then get this

and thats all i can get nothing else

[/img]
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah right. Now I see what you're trying to do. you didn't say you were using the on-screen emulator to do things you'd normally do on the unit itself...

There are several things that don't work on the emulator (Music and Media, Text to Speech voices etc.). This looks like it is trying to do the camera update that can be normally done via bluetooth.

If you actually want to subscribe, you can do it from the "Add Maps, Traffic, Voices etc." menu in Home (£19.95 for a year's subscription).
souldude
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Thanks

this unit is only 4 days old and had all the camera functions working till the new HOME software updated the camera database then it went like that for some reason, and usually you get your first 12 months of camera updates free with the voucher. i tried the old version of home v2.1 (thanks for the upload) but still it doesnt work , my next thing is to downgrade the software to v6 i think then try again but ill need that version, like most people say on hear tomtom support is just a money spinner as they don't seem to want to help

i have sent them my proof of purchase and they said they get back in touch and yes you guessed it they still haven't

if all fails it looks like its gonna get sent back to them with a brick attatched
baystonhill
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Souldude.... Interesting your voucher didn't work , mine didn't either, mind i didn't presue it at i had already decided to use this sites camera database .
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you investigated what I suggested in my post above?
Andy_P2002 wrote:

Home MAY have deleted the files somehow, in which case you can just re-copy the files from your backup into the map folder.
Can you tell us if there are any files with names beginning "Safety_Cam_UK_TomTom...." in either your TT's map folder or the map folder of your backup. Please use Windows Explorer to look for them, not Home.
souldude
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

here is a screen shot of the folder

all the camera files are in there but i think it s something on the software

even rang tom tom this morning and they said they will activated a camera database download this afternoon (will let you know if it works)

i said to them is it not a software fault and they said no but its funny how when i got the tomtom 4 days ago everything was fine till the HOME software updated the camera database and since then its always shown the blue screen as in the other post

i even deleted the camera database from the tomtom last night and from the computer and it let me download the database again but still ends up with that screen

I can t even add cameras or anything, as when you press the camera tab it goes striaght to the blue screen asking to join this service.

and also the activating key you get with your new tomtom doesnt work either ....

Many thanks for the support on this by the way
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is only a suggestion and note i have the 710. When i was working with the TT Cameras i also noted there was a .RAR file with them also. I dont see that in your screen shot and wonder if that might be a problem or have they not got that on the x20 models. Smile
GO 510 (in drawer now, time for upgrade)
souldude
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not to sure but if u want to post it ill try it and see if that cures it
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

souldude wrote:
not to sure but if u want to post it ill try it and see if that cures it

I don't think you could use mine as the cameras are coded to the one device so if someone can confirm the .RAR set up is still active or maybe look in your back up folder and see if you can see it there. Smile
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No .rar files in my 720 backup I have here.

Sorry if I'm being slow, but I'm not convinced I've got a grip on what the actual problem is yet
souldude, can you confirm whether the TT speed camera warnings are actually working for you or not?
In other words, are you able to (on the TT itself, not via Home) go to the TT Plus Services menu, go to TT Safety cameras and select "enable alerts"?

If you can do that, I'd say the cameras are actually working (you can run a demo route past a few to check, but unfortunately the TT database doesn't show the cameras on the map view (unlike the PGPSW one) so its not easy to select one to try - we can give you the co-ordinates of one if you need it).

If that all works, then is it just a subscription issue? (although even though I never subscribed, I can still "report a camera").
souldude
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh no .rar files. the rar files ive found are in the download folder when it updates but as my tomtom v3 europe is only 1 gb it wont let me put them on.

Andy

Thats the problem NO cameras are showing on the maps and as the pics i did thats the screen i actually get first when i go here in the menu and click

it goes directly to this

it won t go past this, so i can not set up any alerts etc

there is no other screen that comes up.

this is why i think its a software fault, ive tried my back up but still it doesnt show any cameras on the maps nor does it let me access the TT folder to set up alerts etc .
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like using home but to make this easy if you connect your device and open up Home and go to show contents of my go then where ir says safty cameras there should be a 1 next to it. Can you check this.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK
Just a couple of points (clutching at straws):
The TT cameras DON'T show up on the map anyway. The only appear on screen when you drive past them (or do a demo). It might be interesting to know if they are actually working.

How big is that .rar file then? if you can't fit it on a 1GB machine? Assuming you only get this file when you subscribe, maybe someone else can say how big it should be.

What does happen when you tap "continue" on the second screen you show? Does it go back to a normal navigation screen or does it lock up or what?

Is it worth trying a complete reinstall of the software (rather than from a backup)?

To do that, follow my instructions in this post, but before you do anything, follow this additional bit:
Go into TomTom Home and click on file / exit.

Now go into My Documents on your PC / TomTom / Home / Downloads / Program. Delete everything that is in this folder.

Now start TomTom Home again and click on update my GO. This will force Home to download a fresh copy of the software.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: