Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - help with poi on f-series
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

help with poi on f-series

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Easykill78
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: help with poi on f-series Reply with quote

Hi i have an Fseries navman with the blue tooh module..

Can i bought the software pack and all and got that going on my pc.

now i created a custom poi, using gp co-oridnates (longatude and latatude) and enter them in, give it a name and icon and then i uploaded them to my navman. cool so far so good.

then i disconnect the device from the pc.. power up the navman.

activate the new poi in both areas (navigation and another.. navman is at home..) they are both ticked. pwer down navman and power back up... made sure both were tickted...

navigate to poi, and suprise new poi not listed here... i am like wth?????
checked co-oridnates and all is as it should be.. perfect acording to my map and a few web ones (even google maps agrees with my gps co-oridnates....)odd

so i downloaded a navman custom poi from this site for australia..
uploaded it, made sure ti was enable.. navigate to poi, hey the new one i just downloaded is here....????

see the reason i want to do this is because i am planing a trip and these places i need to go to are co-oridnate based (in the aussie outback...) and i like mapping where i am going..waypoint 1 ; waypoint 2;....etc etc

help please..

i have googled this, read manuals and nothing says exactly how to get teh custom poi on the navman etc...

thanks

Easyk
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you right click the file you downloaded from this site that works and select Open With_Note Pad you will see the correct text format, now do the same with your home made POI file and see if there is any difference in structure to the layout of the text, this should point you in the right direction - Mike
TheM
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: help with poi on f-series Reply with quote

Easykill78 wrote:
now i created a custom poi, using gp co-oridnates (longatude and latatude) and enter them in, give it a name and icon and then i uploaded them to my navman. cool so far so good.

Make sure that the coordinates are in a correct format.
E.g. if you want to enter coordinate latitude S 36 48' 24" and longitude E 174 44' 32" -- you have to convert this first into decimal format: S 36.80667 and E 174.74222 (use inverse DMS function on your calculator to do the conversion).
Easykill78
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Will do Smile

Much Appreciated..
pitty one cant do routes on the navmans... sigh

oh well gonna have to save for a Garmin me thinks Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: