Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Service Pack 1 for all S-Series now out
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Service Pack 1 for all S-Series now out
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AJ53
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Service Pack 1 for all S-Series now out Reply with quote

Hi

Just downloaded the lastest S Series Service Pack. It was on the Australian web site. Not sure about the other web sites.
Hope it fixes some of the bugs.
AJ53
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished updating. Here are the changes in the software versions that I can see:

NavDesk Program from 5.00.039 to 5.10.018

S90i Software:

Old Build: 5.00.0140 2007-09-10T23)
New Build: 5.10.0023 (2008-01-15T15)

Old Mapcore: T-core-v1_30_0089_2007/08/30
New Mapcore: T-core-v1_30_0096_2007/12/15
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: Service Pack 1 for all S-Series now out Reply with quote

AJ53 wrote:
Hi

Just downloaded the lastest S Series Service Pack. It was on the Australian web site. Not sure about the other web sites.

As you say, this is only available on the Australian site (at the moment).

This is what it says "This update is for all S-Series models. It improves route calculation times. " I wonder if that is all it fixes Question
AJ53
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: Service Pack 1 for all S-Series now out Reply with quote

Gee-Pee wrote:
AJ53 wrote:
Hi

As you say, this is only available on the Australian site (at the moment).

This is what it says "This update is for all S-Series models. It improves route calculation times. " I wonder if that is all it fixes Question

So far & have noticed a great improvement in the route calculation times. On 1 particular route that I take most of the time if there is a problem it used to take up to 600 metres to recalculate. Now it’s almost instant. As yet not sure what else the update has done but will post when I do.

Hope the rest of the world gets the update.
kalsjo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can European users install this Service Pack as well without any problem?
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Apparently not - the UK release is "any time now" according to Navman support

I was tempted to try it, but thought better of it. Best wait...
DaveMatthews
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Service Pack 1 for all S-Series now out Reply with quote

AJ53 wrote:
As yet not sure what else the update has done but will post when I do.

Here's a little list of things to test, if you don't mind Very Happy

Are there now options for specifying vehicle type (eg car, lorry, motorcycle, pedal cycle, pedestrian, etc) ?

Does the TMC information give the projected delay period? (Admittedly this information may not be provided by Australasian broadcasters)

With Multi-Stop journeys, does the unit now give not only the ETA to the next waypoint but also for the entire journey?

Can you zoom into the map view by "drawing" a rectangle on a portion of the screen and allowing the unit to zoom straight into it?

--

Cheers!

Dave
AJ53
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave

Have tried the tests that you asked for. Here are the results:

1: There are no options for specifying vehicle type.

2. At the moment I have not been able to test the TMC information as Sydney is not covered yet. Later in the year is the time frame.

3. With Multi-Stop journeys I have not seen any difference as yet.

4. No zooming into the map.

As yet the only thing that the update has done is to recalulate the route faster. Maybe when the complete update is released all the things that you mention may be included.

Tony

Navman S300T
Build - 6.01.0101
BuildTime - 23/12/2008
SmartST 2009 - Navteq Australian Maps

Sydney Australia
jassythedog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave to be fair what you ask for is more features rather than bug fixes. If the update recalcs quicker and stops my unit crashing I woul dbe over the moon.
DaveMatthews
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Tony!

jassythedog wrote:

Dave to be fair what you ask for is more features rather than bug fixes. If the update recalcs quicker and stops my unit crashing I woul dbe over the moon.

Who says Service Packs should only be there to fix bugs? If that's all a SP was for then it would be a tacit admission by NavMan that they didn't test the unit properly before launch. Much better PR to release an SP where tey can shout about enhancements and quietly sneak in bug fixes. Besides, as well as the recalc problem there are a few other bugs. I didn't enquire about them because for me the biggest issues are around the user interface and missing features that I would expect my (top-of-the-range) S90i to have.

However, as we're talking about bugs, here's my little list:

1 - "ABCDE" keyboard displayed for postcode lookups despite the "QWERTY" option being selected.

2 - Postcode search returns more addresses than those that actually reside within the postcode you have specified.

3 - Some of the pop-up menu options on the map display are greyed-out occasionally but re-appear if you try again a few seconds later.

4 - The pop-up menu sometimes appears even though you have merely tapped on the map rather than done a "tap and hold".

As far as I'm concerned, these are minor and I would be happy to live with them for the time being - NavMan really need to concentrate on improving the usability and plugging the gaps of those small but vital features they neglected first time around. If the only thing this SP addresses is the (re-)calculation times then that's very poor considering we've been waiting for this since October - surely they must have had time to address other issues, too?? I and another developer run a Webpage Content Management system for 13,000 people and we deliver three or four major new features (and, yes, bug fixes) every two months.

--

Cheers,

Dave
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Service Pack 1 Reply with quote

Navman have confirmed the UK Service Pack 1 for the S Series will be on their website this Wednesday 13th February 2008
DaveMatthews
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Service Pack 1 Reply with quote

xtraseller wrote:
Navman have confirmed the UK Service Pack 1 for the S Series will be on their website this Wednesday 13th February 2008

Cheers, xtraseller. Other than the route (re)calculation problem, have they confirmed what issues this will address?

--

Cheers,

Dave
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Software Update Reply with quote

No - but I didn't ask...! In December some said POIs would be fixed, others said they didn't see a problem with it, so no it wouldn't as it was what they intended (which is correct as the software picks up the limit on the uploader)

Guess its wait until Wednesday and see... Then we can all start asking for more, again!
Martin4Jay
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: S-Series Software Update (SP1 Reply with quote

I just come from Navman UK website I noticed the S-Series Software Update (SP1) S-Series only (S30, S50, S70 or S90i) Download Software Update (145MB)* Available does anyone know if this update will be available for the Navdesk or will I have to do it via through the computer?
Cheers

Just be truthful and follow your heart
Life is how you make it

I'm forever blowing bubbles

I'm now a happy Garman Man
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Dont know but I would presume because of it's file size (145mb) its quite a large update, maybe too much for NavDesk to handle (best suited to "patches"???)

Downloading it now for my s90i - let you know how I get on...

Thanks for the update!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: