Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Wherigo
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Wherigo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrissyboy2241
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Wherigo Reply with quote

Haa anybody seen this location based game?
http://www.wherigo.com/
It looks like the Active 10 could be an ideal machine to use as it has the multimedia player, although i have yet to experience it, and is windows based. The only other machine ive seen is the garmin colorado which falls down on the fact that it has no speaker. I know satmap have been a bit slow in providing software for the active 10, ie the satsync, but would it just be a case of them updating the software and incorporating the wherigo player?
robs1972
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're so busy doing whatever they are currently doing they haven't answered either email I've sent them this week (Tuesday and Thursday) so things like this are probably never going to appear.

My dream....besides a working Satsync and my definition of hidden routes (rather than Satsync's idea of a hidden route Rolling Eyes ) is that you will be able to watch movie files on it from the SD card....it'll never happen though Sad
Brian
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good description of what its all about is here ..
http://www.wherigo.com/about.aspx

Update: This application looks like it could also be used as some sort of GPS-based tourguide as well, I thought I might try it on my Road Angel as certain software can be run directly from an sd card but unfortunately the RA runs CE4.2 core and Whereigo needs .NET Compact Framework v2.0 which will only install onto CE5.0 devices - I did manage to install it onto my Ipaq 2210 which, being a Pocket PC 2003 device, NETCFv2.0 is installable (available from Microsofts website). Gist of this post (and not wanting to hijack a Satmap thread) is that SatMap runs CE5.0 core so (and its a longshot) but with software tweaks Wherigo could feasably run on it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: