Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Is There A Benefit To Subscibing To tom Tom?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Is There A Benefit To Subscibing To tom Tom?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tuttifrutti
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Is There A Benefit To Subscibing To tom Tom? Reply with quote

Might seem a strange question but i've just got my Tom tom Europe and i'm offered the facility to subscribe to Tom tom's services. I haven't looked too in depth but I can get updates to maps, safety cameras etc, I assume extra voices for the fun of it....

So - if i'm going to subscribe to this site and obtain the far superior safety camera software and obviously other free cool stuff, do I need to go with Tom tom too. Is there any benefit?

Thanks

Ian
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will need to subscribe to TT for your updates and quickGPSfix if you have a TTGO. But when you are talking about paying for subscription you are better of with PGPS Speed Cams as to TT ones as you get a far better and more up to date selection here with free advice and 200.000 POI's to choose from all for the same price as a TT Camera subscription. As for voices you can get them free from certain sites ( not sure if i am allowed to say where though).
GO 510 (in drawer now, time for upgrade)
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian,

In addition to what you have already found, you will also be able to update the firmware in your device and Home (the PC application). You can also use mapshare.

It also means you can ask them questions in the support area (doesn't mean they get answered though Laughing ).

You don't have to buy the extras available if you don't want to but it's worth logging in to get the free stuff.

First all off, do a Windows Explorer backup of the device. No 1 on the FAQ page.
Brodit ProClip mount
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if1977 wrote:
As for voices you can get them free from certain sites ( not sure if i am allowed to say where though).

If they are legitimate un-copyrighted voices offered free by their authors then we have no objection to your posting links. If however, they are pirated voices then we take a very strong line on such matters.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Is There A Benefit To Subscibing To tom Tom? Reply with quote

tuttifrutti wrote:
So - if i'm going to subscribe to this site and obtain the far superior safety camera software and obviously other free cool stuff, do I need to go with Tom tom too. Is there any benefit?

Just to ensure clarity here, there is no need to 'subscribe' to TomTom if all you wish to do is obtain quickfix updates, firmware updates, buy new maps etc etc All this can be obtained via the HOME application by registering free of any charge.

The only services that require a subscription to TomTom are their PLUS Services which includes TRAFFIC and their Safety Cameras.

If you have no use for either of these then no subscription is necessary.
tuttifrutti
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much for your quick responses folks. I'll pop along a register then and see what's free from them.
I'm also going to download all the bits from yourselves to help me on my journies Wink

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: