Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tomtom traffic
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tomtom traffic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: tomtom traffic Reply with quote

not sure if this is the right section but i connected my tomtom 920 to my computer paid for tomtom traffic through tomtom home then it came up with error someone will contact you but i didnt write the code down and still havent recieved an email confirming i bought the product hope this all makes sense. is there a way to find the code on my computer or have i lost the money and so just order again
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read that TT customer services was shut until Jan 2nd (REALLY sensible with all those satnavs that Santa brought!), so I wouldn'texpect an email for a while... Crying or Very sad
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give TomTom a ring to clarify the situation, their servers have been having a hard time over the past couple of days which could explain the problem. The number is :
0845 161 0009
And even though I thought they were shut for the Christmas break some people have been getting through to them - Mike
kevuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx for the quick replies as i ordered it through tomtom home software that comes with the tomtom is the a way to find my payment code on my computer
kevuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevuk wrote:
thx for the quick replies as i ordered it through tomtom home software that comes with the tomtom is the a way to find my payment code on my computer

update i have found my traffic code now but im stuck on how im suppose to get the traffic on my 920 my question now is... does tomtom traffic need to be downloaded if so how do i do this because on tomtom home page i login in check my orders and it say paid then i goto my traffic and it says no subscriptions so im completely stuck now any help is appreciated
pcaouolte
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How to activate TomTom Traffic on your device:

Select Edit TomTom PLUS account and enter your TomTom username and password.

Depending on the TomTom application you're using, you can find the Edit TomTom PLUS account button in the Preferences menu or in the TomTom PLUS services menu. You may first have to select Show ALL menu options in the Preferences menu.

Then select TomTom Traffic in the Main Menu on your TomTom and follow the instructions.
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevuk wrote:
kevuk wrote:

update i have found my traffic code now but im stuck on how im suppose to get the traffic on my 920 my question now is... does tomtom traffic need to be downloaded if so how do i do this because on tomtom home page i login in check my orders and it say paid then i goto my traffic and it says no subscriptions so im completely stuck now any help is appreciated

I hope this is not to obvious but have you made sure that your phone will recieve a wireless data connection for you to recieve TT traffic updates. I dont know if they still do it but if you activate your TT traffic(3rd page of menu screen) with a wireless data connection you get the first month as a free trial.
GO 510 (in drawer now, time for upgrade)
kevuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi everyone thanks for all your replies it turns out that tomtom havent activated the traffic yet and that i have to wait until such time as they do was told to be patient. happy new year all

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: