Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - X970T V.7 Mapping for Eastern Europe
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

X970T V.7 Mapping for Eastern Europe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: X970T V.7 Mapping for Eastern Europe Reply with quote

Had a search around the site and web pages and cannot find any mention of Mapping for Eastern Europe by which I mean Slovenia, Croatia and any other Balkan country that might be around. I know that TeleAtlas brought out those maps earlier this year but can anyone tell me if I can get them for my device now or in the near future? Thanks.

Gee-Pee
Teddy_Bear
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go for directions Navigator 7 has Eastern Europe but its not all street level.

Detailed seamless vector map of Europe.
Andorra, Austria, Belguim, Croatia, Chech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, great britian, Greece , Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lituania, Luxemburg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, San mario,
Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switserland, Turkey, Vatican,

And drive trough maps of Albaniam,Belarus,Bosnia and Montenegro,Ukraine.

Regards,
Jen

OFFICIAL PGPSW TEDDYBEAR Razz
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teddy_Bear wrote:
Go for directions Navigator 7 has Eastern Europe but its not all street level.

Detailed seamless vector map of Europe.
Andorra, Austria, Belguim, Croatia, Chech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, great britian, Greece , Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lituania, Luxemburg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, San mario,
Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switserland, Turkey, Vatican,

And drive trough maps of Albaniam,Belarus,Bosnia and Montenegro,Ukraine.

Regards,
Jen

Sounds like what I want, Jen - I think. Thanks........... My mapping us up to date on the X970T v7.0 so where do I get the additonal mapping for (say Croatia) ?
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed "Wide page" problem.

Please make sure when posting long lists you include spaces after commas otherwise the page goes very wide.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee-Pee - Several queries have arisen on this such as USA/Canada (which VM obviously supply in the States( Wink ) And I think THEY can get hold of Europe, but it doesn't seem to apply in reverse). I also asked about availability of other areas and Stu is hopefully enquiring.

I'm doubtful whether a 3rd party version of TeleAtlas mapping would load properly on VM, as I assume they convert their data into a proprietary format - and they also say additional ('non-revenue-producing'? ) software shouldn't be imported, though no doubt some have found ways . Idea
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks David. My thoughts exactly. With due respect to Jen, above, I just wanted further clarification as I did not really understand what was on offer there Wink
I think that some of the basics of viaMichelin have caused some difficulties with some owners, so I'm not prepared to tamper with adding non-specific software to my device. I did hear the TeleAtlas had produced mapping for several Balkan countries in Jan of this year - 2007 and that they were to be available for my other device by mid-January. If they are then I shall go for that and use the Navman N20 for my work in SLO & HR this summer.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee-Pee - Are you still looking for maps? Just seen this thread when I searched on 'sat nav', which talks about Trumpian units. Have you seen it? If you still need coverage this might be a solution, as the system sounds like it wouldn't cost any more than VM, etc supplementary maps (if you could get them at all Confused )

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=63736&highlight=sat+nav
Graham-P
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigPerk wrote:
Gee-Pee - Are you still looking for maps? Just seen this thread when I searched on 'sat nav', which talks about Trumpian units. Have you seen it? If you still need coverage this might be a solution, as the system sounds like it wouldn't cost any more than VM, etc supplementary maps (if you could get them at all Confused )

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=63736&highlight=sat+nav

Very interesting, thanks BigPerk. Yes, still looking for the Balkan states. My two satnavs both have CZ, Sv and Hungary on them but not SLO or HR (Croatia) I'll be checking your suggestion out over the coming couple of days and see what is on offer. I am still waiting less hopefully for Navman to come up with the Updated maps originally thought to be available in November but now April 2008 :-( As I have a big trip to do in May, I may not be able to wait and go for a paper map or Autoroute on my laptop. Thanks again. ;-)
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That last post really was me, Gee-Pee. Somehow, the forum used an old name which I thought had been erased. I've re-logged in under my proper name. Embarassed

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: