Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - v1,03 Software Update
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

v1,03 Software Update
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No fancy tricks to divulge, I used a Cannon EOS 10D on a tripod with the active 10 blue-tacked to the surface it was sat on to prevent movement.

Then use something like Adobe PhotoShop to crop the shots to remove the rubbish and re-size the image to 640 x 480, I kept the DPI at 150 as the text became difficult to read at my normal web sitting of 75DPI.

It would be nice to grab screen shots direct from the device to show off the unit while out in the field but I doubt this is possible.

Tomorrow I will be using it for an 11 mile walk including the summit of Ingleborough, but it will be fully instrumented for this trip to see what is a typical power consumption, I just need to work out where to store the iPAQ-4700 and its digital voltmeter, current clamp external power source (for the iPAQ) and associated wiring in my jacket!, watch this space for the results though - Mike
robs1972
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:

The instruction sheet that came with the free upgrade is excellent and easy to follow, it makes a change for a manufacturer to supply decent instructions, I hope they keep this up, my only reason for posting this with screen captures is the version number it tells you that it is about to install, this might put some people off, but it works fine since upgrading. - Mike

Do they tell you what version 1.03 actually fixes?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You get a new option to turn on/ off the "snail trail" which should be handy for when the device boots up and draws rubbish on the screen as the position fix increases in accuracy, also the SD card recognition is sorted, each time I power mine on now it offers the SD card map, whereas previously I often had to remove/ re-insert the memory card to get the unit to see it.
I have only "played" with the device and planned a trip since upgrading so the real test will be in the morning when I take it out in anger - Mike
robs1972
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
You get a new option to turn on/ off the "snail trail"

Woohoo...that's something I decided I needed on my last ride when on a quick tour round a small town the dots were getting on my tits and obscuring the map.

Now all I need them to do is hide inactive routes.....and release the synch tool.....and the forum.
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robs1972 wrote:
Do they tell you what version 1.03 actually fixes?

No, but i was sent it to (hopefully) cure a problem of getting a satellite lock-on and keeping it locked.
HTC Advantage X7500 MS 6.1 Tchart Speed Sentry
Satmap Active 10, Software v1.16
Fuzion 32 HUD Bluetooth GPS receiver
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
...............also the SD card recognition is sorted, each time I power mine on now it offers the SD card map, whereas previously I often had to remove/ re-insert the memory card to get the unit to see it.......

Strange, that worked on mine before the update.
ThistleWhistle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't work on mine. There is a previous post which suggests that it is down to the SD cards, since one user here has one card which auto detects, and the other doesn't.
robs1972
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine doesn't auto-detect all the time but it does about 80-90% of the time....it's not a huge problem because it's only like pressing a button twice, not like having to take it out all the way.
Yasack
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

michael100 wrote:

Quote:
I did not mean to imply that I only got it as a result of buying an expensive map , it was offered freely when I said I had probs with locking on I am sure they will send you it if you ask. If not you can borrow mine by phoning 07768 602144

I have contacted SatMap today, spoke to Mark and he has promised to send an upgrade out first class post. So I should get it either Tuesday or Wednesday morning.

Thanks for your assistance with this and it was nice to speak to you on Friday evening.

Regards,

Richard
nonoftheabove
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[
I
Quote:
have contacted SatMap today, spoke to Mark and he has promised to send an upgrade out first class post. So I should get it either Tuesday or Wednesday morning.

Thanks for your assistance with this and it was nice to speak to you on Friday evening.

Regards,

Note that upgrade will come Registered mail.
Delivery was next day for me.
Upgrade was painless AFTER noting comments further back up thread
robs1972
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed Satmap at 0930 this morning to ask what 1.03 addresses and adds to the Active 10....I've got home to find no reply Confused
robs1972
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just updated mine

One feature that we know has been added is the ability to turn the snail trail off....you can also make the red dots of the snail trail small...or have it as it was. To save you searching through all the Settings to find that option it can be found by pressing the top left Soft Key when in GPS mode and then press the right hand front button to toggle though the three options, On, Small and Off. As I'm sat here eating my tea I can't see if Off means the trail is just invisible or not recorded at all.

Oh and it seems I struck it lucky with the issue mentioned in instruction J...and I did indeed have to do the update a second time. So much for 'very small chance....very unlikely etc' Rolling Eyes Laughing

Last edited by robs1972 on Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
bryanwal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robs1972 wrote:
I've updated mine thanks to Mike sending his copy to me (if anyone else wants it sent to them PM me your address and I'll forward it to you).

One feature that we know has been added is the ability to turn the snail trail off....you can also make the red dots of the snail trail small...or have it as it was. To save you searching through all the Settings to find that option it can be found by pressing the top left Soft Key when in GPS mode and then press the right hand front button to toggle though the three options, On, Small and Off. As I'm sat here eating my tea I can't see if Off means the trail is just invisible or not recorded at all.

Oh and it seems I struck it lucky with the issue mentioned in instruction J...and I did indeed have to do the update a second time. So much for 'very small chance....very unlikely etc' Rolling Eyes Laughing
when set too off it still records the snail trail i tried it yesterday.quite a good update
robs1972
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bryanwal wrote:
when set too off it still records the snail trail i tried it yesterday.quite a good update

That's good Very Happy

I have now had a reply from Satmap re the items addressed and it appears it's the snail trail and the SD card recognition thing and that's it.
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="bryanwal"]
robs1972 wrote:
I've updated mine thanks to Mike sending his copy to me (if anyone else wants it sent to them PM me your address and I'll forward it to you).

Assuming this is legal (someone tell me if not) first person to PM me with an address, i will send you my SD card.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: