Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Go (Classic) - Navcore v7.162 not available to me
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Go (Classic) - Navcore v7.162 not available to me
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UKEds
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: TomTom Go (Classic) - Navcore v7.162 not available to me Reply with quote

According to the "YourNav" website, version 7.162 of the Navcore firmware is now available for a number of TomTom models - including the TomTom Go (Classic)

See link - http://www.yournav.com/content/n/378/NavCore_7_updates_for_TomTom_devices.html

Up to now that particular update has not shown for my TomTom Go using TomTom Home v2.1
I have even removed the existing firmware and then downloaded the update again, but only v7.161 is available for download and not v7.162
Has v7.162 been released yet for the TomTom Go (Classic), or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks in advance for any help given
UKEds
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: v7.162 update for theTomTom Go Classic Reply with quote

Further to my original question
Based on some of the posts from the Dutch "YourNav" website (translated) suggests that v7.162 is not available for the TomTom Go (Classic)

See HERE.

References via the link are under 6th December 2007 - Information and discussion

Yet, the "TomTom" website and the "YourNav" website states that it is available.
Any explanation for this?
Very odd

Link Edited for Clarity - Oldboy
Hemlock
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: v7.162 update for theTomTom Go Classic Reply with quote

UKEds wrote:
Further to my original question
Based on some of the posts from the Dutch "YourNav" website (translated) suggests that v7.162 is not available for the TomTom Go (Classic)

Have just been offered and have downloaded v7.162 for my ONE original.
So I would just hang in there. I'm sure if I've received it, any GO clients will not be far behind.
TT Go 5200
UK/ROI and Worldwide
Samsung S8
UKEds
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Still Nothing Reply with quote

Four days have gone by since v7.162 was supposed to be have released for the TomTom Go (Classic) and still nothing.
No offer of this update is showing up for me.
Is anyone else having the same problem with their TomTom Go (Classic)?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As this is an issue between TomTom servers and TomTom Home, and no-one else is reporting that they can't download it, you might well get a quicker answer by ringing TT direct on:

0845 161 0009

Monday - Friday: 08:00 to 20:00 GMT
(every first Tuesday of the month: 09:00 to 20:00 GMT)

If you tell them exactly what the problem is and don't let them fob you off with a general "how do I download software" -type answer, you should get somewhere.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to contact TomTom last Friday as the One I was trying to update refused point blank to connect to Home correctly, they very efficiantly sent me a file which copied to the device, Home could then see the device and it gave me the update. I am not too sure this is related to your problem but it is worth giving them a ring - Mike
UKEds
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Phoned TomTom Reply with quote

Thank you for that information.
I have just phoned TomTom and they have informed me that v7.162 is NOT available for the TomTom Go (Classic) at the moment, but will be available eventually.
I suggested that they should clarify this on the TomTom website as it clearly states that it is available for the TomTom Go (Classic).
I was assured that the relevant department will be made aware of this error
This should hopefully lead to the mistake being corrected on their site very soon.
Charade
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings UKEds,
I made a post about not getting 7.162 on my Classic Jane last Friday on YourNav. No-one replied and so I began to think I was the only one until I came across your post here. I've also rung them earlier today, so they know that at least two people are waiting.
It seems we're not missing much though, apart from a bug fix or two. And maybe First Aid guide might work (is that a bug)?
AndyW
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The HelpMe functions that are missing are because the folder and relevent files are not on the device, to date these have not been included with any of the version 7 software updates - Mike
UKEds
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: More Info Reply with quote

Further information -
I had Emailed TomTom prior to my phone call to them.
The phone representative informed me that v7.162 was NOT available as yet for the TomTom Go (Classic)
Since then I have had a reply to my Email and this is was it said -

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support.
If, for any reason, you are not able to (re)install a software update or any of your purchased PLUS services, please follow the steps below:
1. If your TomTom unit is connected to your PC, exit from TomTom HOME and disconnect the unit
2. Go to ‘My Documents’ and then browse to ‘TomTom\HOME\Downloads’
3. Delete the contents of the ‘Downloads’ folder (not the folder itself)
4. Connect your TomTom unit and, in TomTom HOME, check for updates again
5. The software will download all available services, including software update if necessary, and you will be able to install them to your TomTom unit.
With best regards,
The TomTom Customer Support Team

Based on what TomTom's Customer Service had told me by phone, I wasn't expecting this to work.
Guess what?..............It didn't.
I have just Emailed TomTom yet again, explaining that after following their advice I was still unable to download the update and also pointed out that I have already been informed that v7.162 is NOT available for the TomTom Go (Classic) at the moment and to please confirm whether this is true (or not)
I await their response.

This is very frustrating as TomTom by phone say one thing and their Email reply simply gives irrelevant advice without a mention regarding the availability of the update.

Last edited by UKEds on Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Charade
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I re-installed v6.152 on my Classic and then connected to Home. I was offered a firmware update to 7.161 NOT 7.162 so it seems that this version is not currently available for a Classic Go, as confirmed by your phone conversation with TomTom.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But see Hemlocks post from the 7th Dec above.....
UKEds
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Here at last Reply with quote

The update for the TomTom Go (Classic) has now been released
The update is infact v7.163 rather than the expected v7.162
I have just downloaded it, so problem solved - at last
Thank you TomTom
david8584
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can someone please tell me where i can download this new update as I can not find it anywhere on the tomtom site and i can not download though tomtomhome2 as my device will not be reconized.
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

david8584 wrote:
can someone please tell me where i can download this new update as I can not find it anywhere on the tomtom site and i can not download though tomtomhome2 as my device will not be reconized.

TomTom now do all updates via Home. Once you get Home to recognise your device, it can start looking for updates.

When you plug your device in, does it ask if you want to connect to your computer? If so, can you see it as one or two extra removable drives?
Brodit ProClip mount

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: