Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Poor support?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Poor support?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EddyDC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Poor support? Reply with quote

Hi,

I tried to report several issues with my X980T New Edition and for now I'm not so happy about the support.

First of all, it's hard to find the support form, which is BTW not available in Dutch (luckily we're a polyglot). The X980T isn't available as device to choose from so I mentioned it in my report.
One can't seem to post multiple report in one day, since one gets only one ticket number back (for the first posted).

I got yesterday some 'answers' which are nothing more than copy/pasted standard answers with a name under. One didn't take the time if:
- the device is covered (despite clearly mentioned by me)
- the SW version is covered (despite clearly mentioned by me)
- it occurred on the viaMichlin planning site (which I mentioned, with link included)
- there were additional questions to be answered

So for the time being, I'm far from happy with the support and getting regrets having bought a viaMichelin. I hope that one change my conclusion.

Eddy

PS Where’s Stu these days? I didn’t get a sign of life for a while now.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi EddyDC. Stu is very alive and well but I think he is only replying to PM messages at the moment, probably until he has got a response from his development people to all the queries that have been raised (I understand he has a meeting this week). I asked him about one issue and he replied really quickly.

I suggest you get in touch with him directly to see if he can stir the support people up for you.
EddyDC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already PMed and mailed him without any response :-(

BigPerk wrote:
Hi EddyDC. Stu is very alive and well but I think he is only replying to PM messages at the moment, probably until he has got a response from his development people to all the queries that have been raised (I understand he has a meeting this week). I asked him about one issue and he replied really quickly.

I suggest you get in touch with him directly to see if he can stir the support people up for you.
Clive06
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Poor support? Reply with quote

EddyDC wrote:
Hi,

I tried to report several issues with my X980T New Edition and for now I'm not so happy about the support.............................

............................So for the time being, I'm far from happy with the support and getting regrets having bought a viaMichelin. I hope that one change my conclusion.

Eddy

PS Where’s Stu these days? I didn’t get a sign of life for a while now.

Eddie - just to let you know you are not alone. I share your frustration with VM support and also have not personally received any help yet from Stu.

With respect to VM phone support - you get through promptly and they are always polite and at least try to be helpful, but so far have been totally ineffective in my case.

My most serious issue has been persistent Bluetooth hands free problems with both my original and replacement 970Tv7 when using either of my 2 allegedly supported phones, whereby:

1 Unable to hear incoming calls.
2 Bluetooth crashing the 970T.
3 Bluetooth causing subsequent distorted Nav commands.
4 Unable to copy ANY numbers across from my phone.

After many phone calls to VM in France over the last month, with promises that the Tech dept would get back to me, I have only received 2 replies (both in the last few days).

The first from Arnaud - Customer Relations Department - explaining how to conduct a hard reset (already done) and the second from Giorgio
- Viamichelin Customer Support - suggesting updating the software to the latest patch version 7.0.2 (already done).

With respect to Stu from VM, he has clearly helped many from the PGPS forum for which we must thank him. However, from a personal viewpoint I have been disappointed.

On the 10th Nov I wrote to Stu requesting help to "sderricott@viamichelin.com" which was the address provided by him on one of his postings. No acknowledgement or reply so far.

With respect to the numerous postings about Bluetooth from myself and others, to the best of my knowledge, Stu has not responded and no one at VM will acknowledge there is a Bluetooth problem.

I've decided to keep my replacement 970T for one reason, and that is the TMC which generally works well in my area of S London and Surrey.
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All

Sorry that I haven't been in touch for a while but to say that we are busy with the Christmas rush would be an understatement.

I just wanted to update everyone on whats going on and how we are stiull working to support you.

I have a meeting on Thursday with Product Management and while I can't promise that all the issues will be cleared up right away, I do have the list from the site (thanks to you all) and will be going through each issue.

Just to let you know the V7.02 update on the web fixes several problems including:

"Slip Road Flaw": Route would take you off some slip roads then back on again.
- Message "Corrupted data" in Content Manager, under Vista
- Dangerous curves indication (left or right) was random
- System would shut down when deleting a stage along route planning
- No route after download of MyViaMichelin via GPRS
- ... and many wording mistakes that were corrected

We will have an update arounf 17th Decenber to V7.03 which will fix the speed camera download issues some people are getiing and other issues - I will post a full list of what this changes when I have it.

I know that some of you have had an issue with creating new folders when you have downloaded V7.02 and would ask anyone who can to email me a screen shot of this error to show to the developers.

I have now got a direct line to one of the chief software developers on the team and any info you give will be directed to him to make any urgent changes which affect the use of the products. Any cosmetic changes you want to recommend will be taken on board and put forward for inclusion in V8 in March but I think we need to sort out errors first.

Thanks to you all for the support,

Regards

Stu

www.leyio.com

Keep your eyes open in 2009 for a new way to share and swap files......Leyio!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
EddyDC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After some time reporting issues, I'm losing my patience. Reporting is already a pain. I can't report more than 1 a day and one has to wait a long time before getting a reference back and 'some' answer.
It takes a while before one understands the problem and I still don't have satisfying answers or dates of fixes, etc.
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eddy

I have conatcted you personally and asked you to give your details to me so that I can get someone from our team to talk you through the issues - to date you have elceted not to give me any contact numbers
If you can't accept calls during office hours then please let me know time that you can be contacted and I will arrange a call from a technical person.

Cheers

Stu

www.leyio.com

Keep your eyes open in 2009 for a new way to share and swap files......Leyio!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
EddyDC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stu,
I've sent you the phone details, but I wonder if things can be solved by phone since all reports concerns software issues to be fixed (Itenerary, voice guidance and other errors) and lack of a Vista 64 bit driver.
The way to report via the site can be done much better too.

Eddy

Deepfour wrote:
Eddy

I have conatcted you personally and asked you to give your details to me so that I can get someone from our team to talk you through the issues - to date you have elceted not to give me any contact numbers
If you can't accept calls during office hours then please let me know time that you can be contacted and I will arrange a call from a technical person.

Cheers

Stu
Bertie100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EddyDC wrote:
Stu,
I've sent you the phone details, but I wonder if things can be solved by phone since all reports concerns software issues to be fixed (Itenerary, voice guidance and other errors) and lack of a Vista 64 bit driver.
The way to report via the site can be done much better too.

Eddy

Deepfour wrote:
Eddy

Cheers

Stu

Eddy, you'll probably find that contacting Stu will be very helpful... he'll probably put you in contact with someone more knowledgeable than 1st line support (i.e. 2nd or 3rd line support). If you redirect some of your suggestion/comments direct to Stu by PM, you'll probably find that someone will be able help you very quickly. I've sent a few comments by PM my self, and he always listens and probably has more influence with getting things sorted. I've had nothing but great customer service from Stu and his team!
EddyDC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertie100 wrote:

Eddy, you'll probably find that contacting Stu will be very helpful... he'll probably put you in contact with someone more knowledgeable than 1st line support (i.e. 2nd or 3rd line support). If you redirect some of your suggestion/comments direct to Stu by PM, you'll probably find that someone will be able help you very quickly. I've sent a few comments by PM my self, and he always listens and probably has more influence with getting things sorted. I've had nothing but great customer service from Stu and his team!

I appreciate what Stu is doing but shouldn't (1st line) support better organised in order to prevent that Stu have to intervene at all?
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course strictly you are right Eddy, but I agree with Bertie100 - don't forget how lucky we are (in my humble opinion!) to have such ready access through Stu's efforts. I wouldn't want him to start wondering why on earth he put himself in the firing line in the first place!

I await the outcome of Stu's meetings with the production people, but am pretty confident from the experience of this forum that we will see a lot of our problems sorted soon and some requests taken on board.

I have only to think back to my recent experience with 'big G' , to feel I haven't got too much to worry about on support with VM. There simply wasn't ANY with the previous company, which was a strong reason for my changing - and others don't seem to be too pleased with other companies either.

David
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigPerk wrote:
Of course strictly you are right Eddy, but I agree with Bertie100 - don't forget how lucky we are (in my humble opinion!) to have such ready access through Stu's efforts. I wouldn't want him to start wondering why on earth he put himself in the firing line in the first place!

I await the outcome of Stu's meetings with the production people, but am pretty confident from the experience of this forum that we will see a lot of our problems sorted soon and some requests taken on board.

I have only to think back to my recent experience with 'big G' , to feel I haven't got too much to worry about on support with VM. There simply wasn't ANY with the previous company, which was a strong reason for my changing - and others don't seem to be too pleased with other companies either.

David

I get the impression a lot of issues with support are purely down to misunderstandings in translation, don't get me wrong it's frustatring. I had to mail them a couple of times about my v6 map update before they understood that I have v7 software and wasn't asking why the v6 DVD didn't have the software upgrade.
Still not sure if it's being sorted out but at least they told me the correct department to contact.
Bertie100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eddy,

Like BigPerk says you're strictly correct. In an ideal world 1st line support should be experts, but sadly this is often not the case (with almost any company).

We are extremely lucky to have Stu helping us on this forum... It's a two way thing...He can help us and we can help him improve the product. You won't see any other manufacturer doing this kinda thing... I think it's great that ViaMichelin are listening to our inputs. Sure this may take some time (the software development cycle always does), but I'm confident our suggestions are being taken on board.

Eddy, I suggest contact (by PM) with your frustrations about your support and Vista issues and see what can be done. With the 64-bit Vista issues you may find there is some other software dependency that is preventing them from poring it at the moment. I'm a software developer my and know that porting applications to Vista is a pain in the ****.

Cheers,

Rob
EddyDC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, support from Garmin isn't good at all. I've had Garmins for X years and kicked it out for a Michelin. I was doubting between VM and TT, but I've seen a lot o negative things about the TMC and V7 software on TT, that I took VM.
And again, I appreciate Stu's efforts pretty much. My 'negativism' comes from the fact that the V7 contains a lot of problems and I'm getting impatient and thinking that I'm getting in a second garmin cycle.

BigPerk wrote:

David
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think VM support is bad, try Navman's support. They are UK based and have the ability to simply ignore issues even exsist.
You go round in circles so much that you just give up.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: