Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TOMTOM 3? Anyone heard anything
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TOMTOM 3? Anyone heard anything
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woody67
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As TT becomes more consumer orientated, then it will need more 'features' to entice those consumers. It really depends on where TT are taking the product.

If you are selling it in Dixons and Argos to the daytripper and weekenders then you may want lots of pretty colours and buttons.
If you are targeting DHL, Pizza Express and Bobs Taxis, then you may want some different 'features'.

At the end of the day, bugs and map errors aside, TT 1 was good enough for getting you around. Practically speaking, the only upgrade we need is up to date maps - anything else is gravy!

I would be happy just to get hold of the latest maps, but waypoints or 'vias' would be good too. However, it is unlikely that map data will be available separately, and so I am forced to upgrade.

If TT is forcing me and others like me to upgrade, then it would be nice to think that they will listen to us and what we want in these upgrades. Because if they don't, then my next upgrade might be to one of their competitors.

If anyone knows if any gps program supports profiles - ie different road speed settings for when used in my car or my truck, or perhaps if I want to use a certain type of road, then please let me know!
davewave1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Dell X3i Reply with quote

Do you think they might finally add support and a car kit for the X3i with this release ?
pt9
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found something. See

http://www.clove.co.uk/products/products.asp?strAreaNo=400_5&intElement=950

and

http://www.clove.co.uk/products/products.asp?strAreaNo=400_5&intElement=443
a4ace
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems a bit rushed... Smile

Quote:

New Simpler Operation - tomtom Navigator 3 has earned particular praise for its simple user interface. The new version has been made even fiendlier. For example, large keyboards have been created in (ABCD, QWERTY, and AZERTY variants) so that you can enter addresses, House numbers, names and Post Codes with your fingure.

iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is the blurb from tomtom2 when it was released

we all ready have qwerty azerty and abc keypads!

I don't like the clove web site as I'm wary of sites without stock levels.

I for one just want some new maps with streets built in the last 4 years included - the ability to pay for and download individual (UP TO DATE) full country maps would be a godsend as well. Who (excluding commercial drivers) has used more than a couple of the western europe map cd's? I'm not that worried at the lack of cross country routing as I normally only drive through france to spain so rerouting isn't a big issue but it surely can't be that hard to produce a full european map to fit onto a 1gb cf or sd card for those that do need/want it - then we could all try John O'groats to (say) Bari routes to test the routing speeds.

I'm normally first in the queue to lemming like hand over my cash for the newest version but unless its either cheap or has some other killer new feature I think I'll hold off for now.

Ian
nicknick
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even the picture (from the first link) is TT2 and this is confirmed if you hover your mouse over the picture

I think they've misnamed TT2
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the product specs from TTN2 have been copied.

However, bearing in mind that the official release is expected only less than a week away AND most distributors and press already/may already know the features I wouldn't be too surprised that they have used the original product images and features and put together a new product on their website.

Hey, don't read between the lines! 8O Wink

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: