Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SetPixel is not supported for images with indexed pixel form
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SetPixel is not supported for images with indexed pixel form
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Allan_whoops
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: SetPixel is not supported for images with indexed pixel form Reply with quote

I thought I would set up a new thread for this. I updated to v7.02 after I set up the speed camera database on my 970T. When I came to update to the current database by deleting and reimporting the same icons (16x16) this is what happened.

It said that "SetPixel is not supported for images with indexed pixel formats"

After that you cannot add any POIs etc. I found the only way to get rid of this message is to uninstall viaM from the PC and reinstall from scratch. I thought it was a corrupted SD card so reformatted etc. No luck. I restored the PND and SD card from content manager. I upgraded Net framework to 3.5 and still no luck (In other words I went through everything that I can think of).

Any solutions or can you back out of 7.02 which may be causing the problem?

Yours in frustration (I have spent about 6 hours on this in total),

Allan
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So just to be clear - when you had v7 on your unit there were no problems and these only appeared after you had installed the v7.0.2 patch?

If you look in a couple of other threads in this forum you will see that at least 2 of us have had (and still have!) exactly the same problem which means we cannot update our PGPSW camera d/base.

We get exactly the same message as you do and I get something about using JIT debugging when I click on 'details'

I can use Content Manager for all the other functions e.g. updating tourist routes, the VM cameras etc but as soon as I go to 'My POIs' and try updating I get thrown out.
Allan_whoops
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's correct. I have just tried to do a hard reset (reset tool 1 - bent safety pin) and it doesn't go back to the original software - it is still 7.02.
Allan_whoops
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have e-mailed VM support about this and let you know when I get a response.
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also separately sent a PM to Stu (Deepfour) asking him to take a look. Hopefully we will get a fix before too long......
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried to use a fresh set of icon files or resize them again? I have been importing icons into 7.0.2 with no problems. It sounds as though it's not liking something about the icons?
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem occurs immediately one clicks on the 'change' option i.e. before you even start trying to import anything, it's as if having gone wrong once before it won't even let you start the process now Confused
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have been importing icons into 7.0.2 with no problems

Icons from where, jonandmarkuk? As I said in the other thread, I did manage to create one folder with some POIs and icons from MaFt's set, but as soon as I tried one from PGPSW I got the same error message and then the complete lockout others have had. I see that the original MaFt and PoiHandler icons (ie before any resizing) are something like 1.5Kb bytes compared with PGPSW (400 bytes). I don't know if this is relevant, but I can't see any other obvious differences in formatting.

perussell hit the same exception when trying to use the 'change folder' function, also I think to do with the PGPSW database - is it their icons that are causing the initial hiccup (er ... Darren?)? And the fact that CM does not handle the exception properly must be resulting in the total lockout on POIs after the original exception, when just clicking on the create or change options? (Presumably means that the first exception condition corrupts Content Manger in some way).

I'm not sure if Stu is monitoring the threads at the moment, but hopefully he has picked up perussell's PM on this (...)
Davegthomas
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I updated my pois speed db I also made a mistake and tried to input a 22 x 22 pixel icon (it must be 16 x 16) which it didn't like and having thought of a way around it I discovered that it has decided not to let me do anything at all . So I am in the same boat as everyone else!
Allan_whoops
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came across this when I deleted the relevant POI files (gatso 30 etc) and came to load in the new ones. This was using the same icons that had worked under 7.00 i.e. the resized ones to 16 x 16. I checked that I had not made a mistake and used the originals and I hadn't. It is almost as if CM loads the icon which then corrupts its internal system. I also tried resizing the originals using two different graphics progs without success. This includes icons I created for other things that had worked i.e. not just the PGPSW ones.
Davegthomas
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine are not the PGPS ones either.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I DO think the PGPSW icons are the problem - everyone (including Davegthomas and Allan_whoops seem to have hit the lockout after they tried to do something with the safety camera data files, even when they then accessed other perfectly ok POIs. I had already resized the PGPSW icons to 16x16 before I used them but I still hit the problem.

Anyway, I think I found how to back out of the problem, on the basis that I wondered if it was the icon data being stored in the MyViaMichelin area on the VM website which was corrupted. I removed my device registration and re-registered it (I also uninstalled the VM software, but this may not have been necessary, and it was a bit fiddly getting it back again, as the installation procedure then hiccupped over my email address already being on the site, though I got round it in the end). I then clicked on 'create folder' in CM and did NOT get the error message this time (I haven't gone any further at the moment). I also had not lost the POI folder I had created before, so I didn't have to start from scratch.

So if anyone hit by this problem is really desperate to get POIs on, there may be a way back before VM sort it out, BUT I would suggest you steer clear of doing anything with the PGPSW icons for the moment. It may well be ok (though I haven't tried yet) to use the camera DATA files but get the icon from somewhere else, such as the fairly boring VM one!
Allan_whoops
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is all icons as, to remove that possibility, I tried to create a new POI using icons I had created and that had worked before (after uninstalling and reinstalling vm etc). I could get into the add folder etc Ok but it was at the icon stage that the thing fell over (again).
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm following this with interest as I'm hopeful of receiving my new 970 shortly. The clue seems to be in the original post, above "indexed pixel formats" , which the device does not like. Now, I have no idea what that means so, can anyone enlighten me?

Graham
wecpc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allan_whoops wrote:
I think it is all icons as, to remove that possibility, I tried to create a new POI using icons I had created and that had worked before (after uninstalling and reinstalling vm etc). I could get into the add folder etc Ok but it was at the icon stage that the thing fell over (again).

I had the same problem when I created some icons for the National Trust & English Heritage POI's. I created them to the correct size in Photoshop and received the same error. So what I did was export one of the originals in the VM software and overlaid the image I wanted on top again using Photoshop and it worked. This was all previous to the 7.02 update and I have not tried it again since, as I have other more serious problems still yet unresolved.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: