Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Deal of the Day - Memory Cards
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Deal of the Day - Memory Cards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject: Deal of the Day - Memory Cards Reply with quote

Pocketgpsworld.com Deal of the DayMikeB just alerted me to some very keen offers on memory cards available over at Amazon.co.uk. Storage cards are a typical example of costs halving and capacity doubling every few months.

For example, Transcend 2GB SD Cards for £2.98, 8GB Class 6 SDHC Cards for £14.99 and 8GB Sandisk Extreme III CF's for the digital SLR photographers at £45.00. There are some bargains to be had and with prices as low as these there can be little excuse for running out of space.

My HD Video camera uses SDHC cards and an 8GB card cost nearly £50 recently and that was tax free in Hong Kong. Now I can get a 16GB card for less than that tax paid in the UK!

Amazon Link
peterweg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At £9.48 Post & Packing for two MicroSD cards, I'll pass
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That depends on the seller though. The linked items come from a variety of sellers including Amazon and Amazon Marketplace sellers. As such the postage will vary from seller to seller.
Nigelluker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what Peter was saying, is that P&P at £9.48 for that deal is unjustified and not in-line with their listed postal costs. It would be better for them to have a price for the item which is higher than, sting you on the postage as you check out.
alanf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Amazon Market Place has minimum P&P charges per item Reply with quote

Several suppliers have taken to adding apology slips to their packages. They state that the Amazon rules enforce a minimum 'per item' (about 4.50 as I recall for a CD or smaller) and forbid combining postage charges for multiple items.

The effect is that to get a net price of around 4.00, sellers quote prices of 5p and up and take a contribution from the packaging charge. They include the slips to head off the 'rip off postage' notes in feedback from buyers who don't know they have limited control over the P&P charge.

That having been said, most Amazon sellers I've used are fast posters and their prices for small electronic items reflect falls in memory prices much faster than anyone in the high street.
Big_E
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beware however, I'm just one person who has been sent counterfeit memory via Amazon's marketplace sellers.... "Sandisk" is particularly bad for this.

Most people don't check properly and as such these people get away with it. I complained to the seller who refunded me quicker than I've ever been refunded in my life and couldn't apologise enough, didn't want the card back and said he was going to "throw all the stock away". Hmmmmm.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: