Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Version 8 Maps for non 930
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Version 8 Maps for non 930

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carl_the_cobbler
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: Version 8 Maps for non 930 Reply with quote

Hello,

Right quick question.

The clever and in the know people amongst us, when will the Version 8 maps be avaiable for the non 930s. Heard some speculation, but with the extension of the map sale, when do you reckon?

I have a 920, and was curious what you all think.

Cheers

Carl
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long is a piece of string? - seriously only TomTom can answer that one, we know they work with the other devices running Navcore 8 as enough people downloaded them for the two weeks they were available - Mike
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a numbers game. As Mike says, the v8 maps apparently work OK on the x20 models, so I think they'll become available as soon as TomTom decide they've squeezed about as much cash as possible from the special reduced price offers. Bear in mind also they've seen a lot of people buying up the end of season sale x20s in the hope of Latest Map Guarantee giving them the x30 capabilities at sale price - maybe there was a sales bulge of them and they'll wait until more than 30 days after the peak of that?

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
I think it's a numbers game. As Mike says, the v8 maps apparently work OK on the x20 models, so I think they'll become available as soon as TomTom decide they've squeezed about as much cash as possible from the special reduced price offers.

Aren't we talking about the next map release rather than 8.05 (which is based on the same map dat as 7.20)? One, slightly less cynical, reason for delaying the next map release could be that TomTom are busy integrating all our MapShare corrections into the new map. That's what I'm hoping anyway for. Smile
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uffe73 wrote:
One, slightly less cynical, reason for delaying the next map release could be that TomTom are busy integrating all our MapShare corrections into the new map. That's what I'm hoping anyway for. Smile

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: