Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Selling TomTom linked to TomTom account - Urgent advice req.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Selling TomTom linked to TomTom account - Urgent advice req.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carcuscrae
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Selling TomTom linked to TomTom account - Urgent advice req. Reply with quote

Hi

I have just sold my old tomtom but I noticed when logging into my TomTom acocunt it is still linked to my account. I am assuming the person who has bought it from me is going to have problems setting up their account if I don't de-link it. Can anyone tell me how I do this please?

Thanks
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry about it. Your buyer has to register it with a new email address of his/her own.

Actually, the device is locked into your email address account in TT Home, rather than with TomTom themselves (that's why these days you can only get updates via TT Home, so that it can restrict you to the one device, per email address account). The only problem you'll have is if you buy another TT device, you'll probably have to set up a new account with a different email address. If you have two devices (like me), you have two email address accounts (both with TT Home and TT website) and it all works fine.

But if you've bought a new device and also have an account with TomTom for things like Traffic or Cameras, they won't work with your new email account, so in that case you HAVE to change the device in your existing account, using TomTom Home. If you've had your account for a long time (over six months), you can do this easily, but if for less than six months, you'll have to contact TomTom to do it.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
carcuscrae
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks DennisN

When I connected my new device it said my new device wasn't registered with my TomTom account and I had to select 'register new device' or somthing like that. My new device is now working fine with my existing e-mail address on both TomTom Home and the TomTom website.

My only concern was that it found my previous TomTom device and said that it was linked to my account. I presume now I have registered my new device the original one will now no longer be linked?

Also on the TomTom website if I look under 'My Products' it shows the map codes for my old device. Do I need to delete them from there so the person who has bought my old device will be able to use it ok?

Thanks
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carcuscrae wrote:
My only concern was that it found my previous TomTom device and said that it was linked to my account. I presume now I have registered my new device the original one will now no longer be linked?

Also on the TomTom website if I look under 'My Products' it shows the map codes for my old device. Do I need to delete them from there so the person who has bought my old device will be able to use it ok?

Thanks

Correct, your previous device no longer exists.

Your new buyer will be able to use the TomTom just as if he is a new buyer from a shop, except he doesn't get any warranty. It would be a good idea to give him a receipt for the sale and also give him the codes that go with the device and maps (I presume you gave him the device code "credit card" thingy?). If you are able to delete the old details from My Products, then it's OK to do so. I think that feature is not greatly used now - it used to be a useful place to keep details of your device if they were ever needed, but nowadays those details are in TT Home.

carcuscrae
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I have passed him the credit card codes so he has them ok. Just wasn't sure if it would cause a problem if they were still registered under my account.

Thanks to everyone for all your help
idiot
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

This only works if the device has been registered for 6 months or more.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

idiot wrote:
Quote:

This only works if the device has been registered for 6 months or more.

As in my original response?
Quote:
If you've had your account for a long time (over six months), you can do this easily, but if for less than six months, you'll have to contact TomTom to do it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: