Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - why the really long pause half way through instructions?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

why the really long pause half way through instructions?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kai666
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: why the really long pause half way through instructions? Reply with quote

As much as I dislike route 66 for their shockingly bad customer services, the actual navigation seems so much better than copilot

Why is there an incredibily long pause during voice instructions ie "just ahead.........................(3-5 seconds).........................right right"

it's really annoying!

Also why doesn't it tell you to turn at the actual point, it only tells you just ahead to turn, i.e 'just ahead' I kept missing turns!

Maybe i'm just not used to the difference, but after all the positive reviews, i am more than a little disappointed with the voice guidance commands

another annoying
kai666
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: why the really long pause half way through instructions? Reply with quote

kai666 wrote:
As much as I dislike route 66 for their shockingly bad customer services, the actual navigation seems so much better than copilot

Why is there an incredibily long pause during voice instructions ie "just ahead.........................(3-5 seconds).........................right right"

ok worked it out, the just ahead is a warning to turn, then it waits until it's time to turn and tells you

can't help thinking something like 'get ready' might be better, but liking it more now! Very Happy
reteb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming from TomTom I was quite impressed. CoPilot gives you warnings at 2 miles, 1 mile, 500 yds, near turn and AT the turn (just ahead, as you say), all of which are configurable. Maybe you haven't adjusted your preferences under Settings, Guidance to alert you?
johnbarnes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can configure the time before the turn that the "Just Ahead" warning is given.
kai666
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnbarnes wrote:
You can configure the time before the turn that the "Just Ahead" warning is given.

I'm coming round to copilot 7, but i do find that having at least a 3 second gap fairly annoying at times, but i suppose it does warn you about any turning you are going to make, as opposed 'now turn right' or whatever route 66 does.

At the momemt though i would like route 66 guidance and copilot software. Don't suppose the voice element can be moved from one to the other(!)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: