Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - nuvi 310 tips?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

nuvi 310 tips?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gabbyevs
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: nuvi 310 tips? Reply with quote

hi newbie here be gentle!

just bought the above dont really kow much about satnavs bloke told me in the shops it was the best one for the price and i wanted bluetooth

anyone got any tips for using it wot i should or shouldnt do and also how good is the camera alert thing thats already installed on it or sdo i have to add something else?
gabbyevs
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone?
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife has the 310. The BT hands free works very well.

The inbuilt camera warnings are GARMIN's own database and will almost certainly be out of date. You can subscribe to their database or 9for less money) join the members on this site and benefit from the regularly updated safety camera database (which is probably much more accurate). See the help on the LHS of this page for further info.

As to general usage of the unit Very Happy

Do NOT use it as your sole means of navigation - common sense should be the overiding attribute. Used as an aid to navigation they work very well, follow them slavishly and you will be frustrated.

BACKUP the device before you add / change anything - it only takes minutes and it can prevent disasters.

Remove from the car when not in use, remove the windscreen mount as well. The police even recommend you clean the windscreen as you get tell-tale marks to alert potential thieves.

BACKUP it up regularly

If you are going to play mp3s on it - put them on an SD card - there isn't all that much room on the main storage device.

Did I mention BACKING it up Wink
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philpugh wrote:

Did I mention BACKING it up Wink

same ges for any portable device though - he isn't implyng that garmin's will need restoring from a backup any more than any other device would!!

MaFt
gabbyevs
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi phil thanks

i generally kno where im going usually sometimes just need a little hlep with the last few miles

the mount is on my windscreen right now i do find it a little set back to be honest id prefer it to be closer to me

do u mean join something here for a camera update?
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - there is an excellent database provided to members of this site. At present membershiop costs £19/year and the database is updated very regularly (at least monthly and often more).

Click here to be taken to the help page for subscribing

MaFt - yes - sorry I wasn't implying they are unreliable. It's just that - like most 'computer' stuff - if it can go wrong it will go wrong.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: