Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nuvi 6XX - Can it display details in Favourites?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nuvi 6XX - Can it display details in Favourites?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BAVC10
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:37 am    Post subject: Nuvi 6XX - Can it display details in Favourites? Reply with quote

I used to have a Nuvi 3XX which displayed the address details in the favourites list - edited details either via GPSEasy or Mapsource.

When I upgraded to a Nuvi 6XX and copied across the same Current.GPX file, the Nuvi 6XX just diplays the name of the favourite. All the details including telephone No. appear to have disappeared. The Nuvi 6XX screen gives me an option to add back the phone No. but I would like to have the full address functionality back.

Does anyone know if this is possible on the Nuvi 6XX series please?

Thanks
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you can only edit phone numbers associated with Favourites on the 6xx.

Go into FAVOURITES (via WHERE TO). Select a favourite and then EDIT.... This allows you to add a telephone number, change the name or change the Icon.

Tapping the number associated with the favourite will dial the number if you have a BT enabled phone/nuvi Wink

OK so far - but this didn't answer your question so....

From my own experience.... If you create the Favourite by typing an address then this address appears in the 'Go!' page when creating a route. If you create a Favourite by pointing on the map then you don't get address information.

Is it worth trying to enter a Favourite using a full address entry, then seeing what is produced? It may give you a pointer to the differences between the 3XX and 6XX range.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: