Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 'We will Remember Them'
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

'We will Remember Them'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Lost Satellite Fix - Off Topic Area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fatdave42
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: 'We will Remember Them' Reply with quote

I do hope that at 11:00 tomorrow you will all give a two minute silence for our fallen heroes.

They shall not grow old as we who are left grow old.
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
WE WILL REMEMBER THEM.

'FOR YOUR TOMORROW WE GAVE OUR TODAY'
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely, as an ex-Serviceman myself (13yrs Army) I'm disappointed to see fewer poppies being worn each year.
DaveNN
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Absolutely, as an ex-Serviceman myself (13yrs Army) I'm disappointed to see fewer poppies being worn each year.

Can't agree more.
Unfortunately, many people are too mixed up in their own lives to give a second thought to guys like you & the many others who 'did their bit' & more over the years (this from a guy who's mum was on the SS Volendam...torpedoed off the Irish Coast during WW2 & Grandad was a Dunkirk vet'). With so little respect for the living/deceased these days, it's hardly surprising that the wearing of poppies appears to be falling.
I'll have quiet few minutes tomorrow....thinking of what could have been & being eternally grateful!!

Kind Regards
DaveNN
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My grandad fought in WWI and my father-in-law served more recently in the Falklands.

We regularly talk about this at work when people are demanding a two minute silence for this, that and the other but moan about a period of silence for Remembrance Day.

It touches a nerve with me.

I think that another problem we're facing is that a lot of kids these days don't seem to be brought up with any kind of respect.

Also, teaching about the wars and sacrifices those men paid is not seen as politically correct and kids are growing up not knowing.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my grandpa fought in the 2nd world war and my grandad was pow'd in the 2nd world war after a week of service...

i know far too many people who had to fight in the war and the general consensus is that 'it wasn't very nice' and tend not to want to talk about their experiences YET they still went.

i respect that. i may not agree with some of the reasons for more recent wars etc but i certainly respect the commitment of our armed forces.

2 minutes a year just isn't enough...

MaFt
Fatdave42
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you to you all who turned up, all over the world. I was in uniform with my Iraq medal on. I had a boy of about 10 come up and ask me why I had a medal on. I told him that I spent last christmas away from my family to help other people have a better life. He then said, thanks and told me that when he is older he was going to be a soldier too.

One again, thank you you all for turning up.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Lost Satellite Fix - Off Topic Area All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: