Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - "Latest Map Guarantee" not working?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

"Latest Map Guarantee" not working?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rmines
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: "Latest Map Guarantee" not working? Reply with quote

Hi guys,

The release of the v7.10 maps gave me brief cause for celebration, as my 720 was purchased in mid October, and hence is eligible to get the update from 7.05 using the "Latest Map Guarantee".

However this isn't working for me, telling me I already have the latest maps installed when clearly I don't. Reading other threads I see that a lot of others are having similar issues, so I though a dedicated thread on this might be useful. That way if any of us get a decent response out of TT we can share it with others.

So, who else is having this problem and has anyone managed to get it working having previously had issues?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off which version of TomTom Home software have you got installed on the PC?

Secondly I would also back up your attempt to update the map using the voucher with a call AND email to TomTom Support:

0845 161 0009 for the phone call

For the e-mail you wll have to follow the support section of their web site, this needs to be done within the 30 day period though - Mike
rmines
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,

Here's a rundown of the versions I'm running:

Home - 2.1.2.121
Application - 7.210
Maps - 705.1480

I logged a ticket with TomTom a couple of days ago. If I don't get a response by tomorrow I'll try ringing them.

If someone affected by this gets a firm acknowledgement that TomTom are aware of this as a problem please share the details, so the rest of us can benefit - at the moment there seems to be a distinct lack of ownership. Given that the LMP is a time limited offer, and hence users are understandable going to get twitchy if its not working I would hope that TT would be fairly quick to own up to the problem and put in place a clear workaround.
Toneloc427
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rmines-

I've updated three 720's to v710 maps today, and each one gave me the same "You have the latest map" garbage the first time I checked. Seems to be something with getting it to "read" the map file, as it worked on each one after monkeying around with it a bit. I'd suggest unplugging, rebooting, reconnecting, and anything else you can think of to make HOME see it as a "new" device. Also try using the "Change device" and "Change installation location" options within HOME.

If none of that works, I'll pay closer attention to what I've been doing when I update the rest of the lot on Monday.
rmines
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toneloc427 wrote:
rmines-

I've updated three 720's to v710 maps today, and each one gave me the same "You have the latest map" garbage the first time I checked. Seems to be something with getting it to "read" the map file, as it worked on each one after monkeying around with it a bit. I'd suggest unplugging, rebooting, reconnecting, and anything else you can think of to make HOME see it as a "new" device. Also try using the "Change device" and "Change installation location" options within HOME.

If none of that works, I'll pay closer attention to what I've been doing when I update the rest of the lot on Monday.

Thanks for the tips. Having been working on this all week I've done a fair bit of reconnecting and rebooting already. I can't actually use the "Change Device" or "Change Install Location" options in Home - they're both greyed out when the device is connected, and when its not the whole Device menu is greyed... :-(
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth, here's my latest situation with TT support (for anyone not familiar with TT support questions, you start reading this at the bottom and work upwards).
Quote:
My GO720 was purchased on 17th October 2007. My map is Western_Europe v705.14...
Discussion Thread
Customer 10/11/2007 08.02 PM
Your reply does NOT resolve the issue, The link you gave was to the page which instructs me to click on Latest Map Guarantee in TT Home.

This is what I said in my very first question here :- "When in TT Home I select to Use Latest Map Guarantee it tells me there is no new map." Have you not looked at the attachment which demonstrates this? I rather expect I may have resolved this issue by the time you next reply - I shall be taking the GO720 back to the shop for a refund.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Response (Adelia C. (UK)) 10/11/2007 10.26 AM
Dear ,

Thank you for your query regarding map upgrade.

The issue has now been resolved. You should be able to get the map without needing to use your code. Please visit us at https://www.tomtom.com/latestmap/ for further instructions.

I do apologize for the earlier oversight on my part.

With Best Regards

TomTom Customer Support Team
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Customer 07/11/2007 07.20 PM
Your latest reply is WRONG.
See my first message which said I have map v705.1480 and that you have a new map v710.
Your website says you have a new map :- http://www.tomtom.com/products/maps/select.php?D=57&Language=1&P=421
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Response (Adelia C. (UK)) 07/11/2007 07.08 PM
Dear ,

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support with regards to your map upgrade.

The message you are receiving is correct as there is no newer map available for your device.

Should you require further assistance please do not hesitate contacting us.

With Best Regards

The TomTom Customer Support Team
Customer 04/11/2007 07.29 PM
I do not get the opportunity to use the code (9R44DEAT3R) - when I click on File, Use latest map guarantee, the result is as shown here, a statement that "Your device came with the latest map. Currently there is no map update needed".
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Response (Adelia C. (UK)) 03/11/2007 10.31 AM
Dear ,

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support.

Please try accessing the latest map once more via TomTom Home. You will need to use the code you were provided. Should you have the issue again that it is not being offered, please send us a screen shot and a copy of your proof of purchase so that we can investigate the map further.

With Best Regards

The TomTom Customer Support Team
Customer 01/11/2007 07.38 PM
My GO720 was purchased on 17th October 2007.
My map is Western_Europe v705.1480.
You have a new map v710.
When in TT Home I select to Use Latest Map Guarantee it tells me there is no new map.
How do I exercise my Latest Map Guarantee to obtain the latest map?

Actually, I had already taken it back to Halfords yesterday.
BUT I also got another, from Maplins next door. Latest Map Guarantee doesn't work for this one either. So I phoned support. The guy who promised to email me back last night (but didn't) said he was sure that either v705 on my GO, or v710 on their website was a typo!!
I really think it's time we set up a thread for TomTom support replies - a sort of equivalent of "It'll be alright on the Night".

I'm desperately looking forward to toneloc427's next post.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the map guarantee worked fine for me yesterday on the 520...

MaFt
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Same here, my 720 does not recognise the latest version, I've just returned my original unit and made £100 profit in the process. Returned to Argos and had a refund of £330, then purchased a replacement at PC_World for £229 using their price promise, and a new 12 month warranty...
vibeone
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
the map guarantee worked fine for me yesterday on the 520...

MaFt

For me too.

I think the UK map on the 520 works perfectly - its the people with 720's which have the problem.

Wonder if tomtom havent actually let TT Home's see the latest euro map yet?
fizz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are version 710 maps available for all TomToms only I've just checked my One XL which was purchased from Amazon on the 22nd October and I have version 675 maps Shocked

I've tried the Use Latest Maps Guarantee and it just tells me I have the latest maps.

If I should have 710 I'll be calling TomTom in the morning or returning it to Amazon in the afternoon.

colin
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The UK website shows a 7.10 version map for Great Britain and also a 7.10 map for Western Europe for the model you have.

The site ALSO says you MUST have version 2.1 of TomTom Home to be able to dl the latest map. Could that be the problem?
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhn wrote:
The site ALSO says you MUST have version 2.1 of TomTom Home to be able to dl the latest map. Could that be the problem?
That's unlikely BECAUSE you don't get the option to click on "Use Latest Map Guarantee" unless you already have Home 2.1.

fizz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the latest version of Home. I have also done a fresh install on a laptop that has never had the TomTom installed before (I even created a new account) but still get the same problem.

I have noticed that the 675 maps are called United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland but the 710 maps are called Great Britain and the Republic of Ireland (if you want to purchase them). I don't know if this could cause the issue or whether renaming all references to the UK to GB would "fool" the update process (but I might give it a try anyway).
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fizz wrote:
I have noticed that the 675 maps are called United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland but the 710 maps are called Great Britain and the Republic of Ireland (if you want to purchase them). I don't know if this could cause the issue or whether renaming all references to the UK to GB would "fool" the update process (but I might give it a try anyway).
Don't bother - I have tried deleting (by renaming) all my TT download records to hide anything it might be looking for and that didn't work. Nor did deleting my 705 map from the GO.

fizz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too late - but you're right it doesn't work Sad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 1 of 36

Jump to: