Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Copying from supplied memory card onto existing one ???
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Copying from supplied memory card onto existing one ???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spendleb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Copying from supplied memory card onto existing one ??? Reply with quote

Hi all, I've just purchased the CoPilot Live 6 software for my Nokia N95, it's the version specifically for this phone but I believe the only difference is the internal GPS.

Basically the software came with a 256mb SD Card and I need to copy the software onto my existing 2GB SD card but no matter what I do I can't get it to work?

If I use the 256mb card then everything is fine, I used a card reader to look at the contents and copied these (after making sure hidden files were showing) to my 2GB card but the phone does not see CoPilot?

It's a strange one as viewing the 256mb card using a reader shows around 5 extra folders but viewing the card through the Nokia Browser whilst it's in the phone doesn't show these additional folders and it won't let me copy them from the reader to my 2GB card (get an error about not being able to copy them here).

If I view them both through the Nokia Browser they are the same apart from the working one showing the folder names in capital letters (again it won't let me change this on my own card but I don't see how that could be the issue anyway?)

Has anyone tried this and succeeded? It's driving me mad as I need to be able to use all my other apps but can't until this is sorted and I can't take 2 cards out with me everywhere!
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably won't work.

I think the clue is in the S part of the SD name of the card. S=Secure. SD Cards are designed to stop Piracy and casual copying.
Spendleb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorted, I had to get a .sis file from AKL to be able to reinstall it, this along with a data download from the CD's that came with it.
moyhim
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, Ive just got this through the post.

How do i go about getting the SIS file from copilot?

Ive installed the discs, but all i can see is the data download wizard like you said, but this only creates maps?

Do i need to register on copilots site?
Spendleb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to speak to their tech support desk to get it but I've since seen other forum topics that suggest it's now readily available on the ALK website?
onezone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you confirm, does Co-Pilot work with the INternal GPS receiver on the Nokia N95?

Some people have been saying you need an external receiver.
cjwallace
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also be interested to know if this will work with the internal GPS before i go and buy it.
Bazzaman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just seen the post. I had a similar problem. You cannot copy over using readers and alike. You need to copy the original data to your desktop and then from your desktop to your new card. This works. Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: