Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New Road Angel 9000 unit
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New Road Angel 9000 unit
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stargate2006
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:38 am    Post subject: New Road Angel 9000 unit Reply with quote

New update release Road Angel 9000

http://www.road-angel.co.uk/road_angel_navigator_9000.htm

To download the file to read the detail at
http://www.road-angel.co.uk/downloads_road_angel_navigator_9000.htm

My wife is getting one for herself because she is profound deaf she can't hear the "beep" sound as so she know she can see the screen flashing up of any warning to beware of anythings to keep driving licence clean for life time.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's hope it is better than their earlier units.
Mikeact
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree....and £500 !.... what planet are they on ?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The GSM interface is a good idea as are the live camera updates but I honestly couldn't justify £500 going on experience of previous units of theirs.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

£500 is just the purchase price though, on top of this a monthly charge depending upon what you want it to do of either £5:99 for cameras, traffic and weather or the above plus tracking for £9:99 - so it doesn't stop with the purchase price, oh and no mention of GPRS charges which could add even more to the running cost - Mike
Stargate2006
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wish the navman do one of those road angel flashing up warning software, I got a Navman N60i without flashing up on screen, just a little yellow icon of Gatso camera which is a bit small to see it of not notice anything about it while driving along the road.

Is sad why the Navman, tomtom, garmin never make one of those like the road angel warning flashing up software on screen for some deaf peoples who has brought the navman gps satnav, tomtom gps satnav, garmin gps satnav of not showing the warning flashing up on screen like road angel to be aware of any warning anywhere on the road.
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was me, I would sit tight for a month or so and see what happens to the price and/or what else becomes available.

Remember, Stargate, this is a new and novel idea so you'll pay a premium for it.

Look at what's happened to the general price of GPS systems over the past few years - the price has fallen and the features have improved.

Speed camera warnings were relatively new a year or so ago, but now just about every GPS has this feature.

I understand why this device appeals to both you and your wife, but a short wait might just pay off.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in January at CES we saw a device that shared information on road speeds by WiFi over short range between other receivers and using GSM over longer ranges back to a central server.

The barrier we have here is the cost of data, once reasonable fixed price plans become widely available in the EU we can expect many more devices to have GSM modules.

And then we can supply you with OTA updates to our database, we have the technology and infrastructure to do so already.
Stargate2006
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back gps_fan,

Nice to see you are feeling better now and me too as well calmed down in peace.

No my wife won't buy the road angel 9000 yet at the moment maybe in 6 months times until we wait if how thing getting on from somebodys else who has buy the road angel 9000 if got a problem arise at the moment then forget it, won't buy it at all, last time I has brought the road angel 6000 last year, the unit got a lot of bad problem with post code kept going off error all the time and the unit never get back to normal to full map screen with safety camera warning, it kept on to blast full screen warning of faultly problem and I have reset it many many time and so I give up and has return it back to halford shop to exchange for Navman N60i which is not bad at all but I love the way of flashing up on screen like road angel does do all the times. Wish I got a magic wave to make my navman N60i flashing up warning to remind me of it.

gps_fan, read this topic here

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=56915

Who wish to become the First
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject: Road Angel Navigator 9000 Reply with quote

Has anyone used one of these Road Angel Navigators 9000 yet?

Really like the idea of the building outlines (for location accuracy)

Is the routing improved on previous models, or if no experience of previous models, is it good?

Appreciate any help
MILLWALLFC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone actually buy one of these would really like to know your opinions as im thinking of getting one.

I cannot find any videos of it online.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping to receive a review unit early next week.
MILLWALLFC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent stuff i will wait until next week to see your review to see if its worth ordering.
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: xtraseller Reply with quote

Was considering a 9000 back at the end of June and was told by Road Angel that a video would be posted on their website soon

Still nothing, so purchased a Navigon 7110 instead - which really is a great unit

As a gadget collector though, would still be very interested in its performance - expecially building outlines and GPRS traffic (we don't seem to get FM traffic hear in Wales!)

I don't mind paying the £500 for the unit, but if they don't move fast, their unique features won't be that unique anymore, and we'll pay less elsewhere - so where are the videos and reviews?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: xtraseller Reply with quote

xtraseller wrote:
As a gadget collector though, would still be very interested in its performance - expecially building outlines and GPRS traffic (we don't seem to get FM traffic hear in Wales!)

I don't mind paying the £500 for the unit, but if they don't move fast, their unique features won't be that unique anymore, and we'll pay less elsewhere - so where are the videos and reviews?

They're not unique now, building outlines are available on TomTom devices with v7 software and maps such as ONE 3rd Edition and x20 GO's and GPRS Traffic albeit via a mobile phone are available on the x20s and the earlier models.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: