Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ViaMichelin launch V7 "New Edition" satnav softwar
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ViaMichelin launch V7 "New Edition" satnav softwar
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deepfour wrote:
Right Everyone pin back your lug holes...

This is the answer to the question about 2yr Subscription with V6.5 and then upgrading to V7.

When you upgrade to version 7 you are sent a letter with the new DVD - In this it mentions that if you have also made a purchase of the 2 year Subscription then you need to call our customer services to let them know and they will change your profile on our system to make sure that you are posted out V7 maps.
If you miss this and get the V6.5 maps, these wont work but if you then call customer services and make a complaint (as any confused customer would with a none working disk) they will change your profile and post out the correct version.
So basically - You are all covered if you registered with the 2 yr Subscription and want to upgrade to V7 (Free route on the promo or pay version for those who have older units).

Keep the Questions Coming!!

This is fantastic news!!! Now where do I find the "buy now" button. Wink
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This is fantastic news!!! Now where do I find the "buy now" button. :wink

I will post when the upgrade is available on our web site....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
broc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered my X-980T on the 13th August 07, received it and registered it same day on the 16th August so it was with some anxiety & fingers crossed I emailed ViaMichelin last week about my ability to upgrade to V7. The good news was that I was, confirmed by email within a few hours of me asking the question with a PDF copy of the form to complete. An example of Good customer service a) for the speed of answering and b) the positive outcome, a rare thing these days.

Unfortunately, I discovered one thing that was required on the V7 form was the barcode serial number from the box my X-980T came in; and guess what? No I haven't thrown it out.... I have however removed the barcode (as requested) and sent it back to ViaMichelin attached to another form which entitles me to the latest maps for V6 for a bargain £7 (another good bit of customer service too by the way).

So its now fingers crossed again; I have emailed ViaMichelin about my lastest predicament. All being well, if I get this sorted I shall be signing up for the 2-year map deal as it seems like a good deal.

So far my experience with ViaMichelin has been very positive. Also, the X-980T is a great product too, we used it to navigate around the Netherlands, Germany and France in our motorcaravan, setting off the day after I received it. I only wish it could warn me how to avoid narow country lanes......
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broc wrote:
I only wish it could warn me how to avoid narow country lanes......

Make it a suggestion. I made the suggestion of the sharp bends warning and they did pass it onto the development team. Guess what's in v7. If enough people make the same suggestions maybe it gets considered.
I know if my dad had an x980t he would want an option for towing a caravan so it knows roads which would be impassable with the caravan.

The x980t has been the best GPS I have owned and v7 looks that it's just going to improve things. Viamichelin just needs to try and get a higher profile and ensure every high street store actually stocks them.

There should be a display with the units running through a demo as not many shops actually show you what the GPS is like. At the moment most people new to GPS are going to buy TomTom because it's the name they associate with GPS.
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys

We currently sell through Argos, BrightHouse , Empire and others. We are in negoitiation with Comet and others.
We have now created some display units which allow people to try the products which some stockists are starting to use.
Also we go live in Kwik Fit stores soon!!

Cheers

Stu
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deepfour wrote:
Hi Guys

We currently sell through Argos, BrightHouse , Empire and others. We are in negoitiation with Comet and others.
We have now created some display units which allow people to try the products which some stockists are starting to use.
Also we go live in Kwik Fit stores soon!!

Cheers

Stu

Sounds good all round Smile
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stu,

Sorry to do this on here but direct communication doesn't seem to work as I will explain.

I won an X980T on here in the February competition, and received it in June. One of the reasons given for late delivery was that you were waiting to ship units that could be upgraded to version 7. I have utterly failed to be able to get any proof of purchase / ownership, or claim free map updates through the Advantage programme, because when I sent a letter in explaining the circumstances they rejected the application even though I sent the barcode from the box.

At the beginning I emailed yourself a couple of times (address supplied by MikeB), contacted Customer Services (Thomas) several times, I have a reference number, and I have sent an email to the promotions dept in Paris, all to no avail. Thomas has since left and all I get is we will get back to you, which never happens.

Obviously I have now exceeded the 90 days requirement, and now v7 is out and I would like to think I could upgrade. Any future problems may not be covered if I have no proof of purchase / ownership.

My questions are, can you explain why I have been treated so badly, and can you sort it out for me please?
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike

Unfortunately we all get hung up in the system sometimes. We out source a lot of the fufilment services and they sometimes can be a little too rigid.
I have a meeting this thursday with the head of that department - If you mail me your address I will sort out getting you a map update and V7 disc - It Might tale a little while as the discs aren't manufactured yet.

Hope this is OK.
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Stu,

In hindsight I wish I had done this by PM now, but at least others can see customer services in action this way.

I really appreciate the generous gesture and have sent my details by PM and email just in case.

Thanks again Smile
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deepfour wrote:
Mike

V7 disc - It Might tale a little while as the discs aren't manufactured yet.

Hope this is OK.

Shame you don't offer it as a downloadable update Wink But I suppose activation could be an issue.
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonandmarkuk wrote:
Deepfour wrote:
Mike

V7 disc - It Might tale a little while as the discs aren't manufactured yet.

Hope this is OK.

Shame you don't offer it as a downloadable update Wink But I suppose activation could be an issue.

Its partly the activation code but also the size of file - Its 4GB!!
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deepfour wrote:
Its partly the activation code but also the size of file - Its 4GB!!

That's what broadband is for Laughing Out Loud. Laughing
EddyDC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Better driving directions? Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a Garmin C550 and since I'm not happy about it, I'm considering another brand. I've been looking at TomTom (eg 720T) but I'm considering to go for a X-980T since I've read many good reviews on it.

The only negative point in a review worries me a lot is (translated from Dutch):

"The ViaMichelin reports each change of driving direction separately. Instead of indicating: 'turn right, then after X meter turn left', de unit only tells to take left lane after the bend. When the second driving direction follows shortly the first, it ends up being too late in the correct (left) lane and one needs to take risks in order to get there. Driving with a ViaMichelin is thus a matter of looking a lot on the screen in order to prevent missing the correct lane.'

I find this a serious problem and I wonder if this is true. If so, I hope this is fixed in this new release of software.

Can this be cleared out pls?

Eddy
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eddy

Since our version 6 we have joined up those instructions which are close together so this report is incorrect as the X-980T was released with V6. Obviously you need to wait a few weeks until V7 stock is in the channel.
It will say something like....at the junction move into the left hand lane then at the round about take the third exit.....It uses phrases like immediately, then, etc depending on how close the actions are.

Would love to know where the report comes from so I can correct them!!
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deepfour wrote:

It will say something like....at the junction move into the left hand lane then at the round about take the third exit.....It uses phrases like immediately, then, etc depending on how close the actions are.

Would love to know where the report comes from so I can correct them!!

Oh I like the sound of the intructions. Would it still have the text to speech on the x980t as I do find it very useful. Turn right onto xxx is much more useful.
My only gripe with v6 at the moment is coming off a motorway it sometimes leaves the roundabout instruction a little late and as you can sometimes have 3 lanes to pick from it's very easy to finish up in the wrong lane.
I did find a way round by ensuring the map was zoomed out and didn't have the autozoom feature turned on.

I think for what you get the x980T is very good value for money, you basically have a local tour guide with you wherever you go! Smile

The new instructions sound more personable, something I love about the x980t is that unlike the Navman it never once says 'Make a U-Turn where possible' That instruction used to really annoy me, especially on my street where I can get out of my street either way and it leads to the same place.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 3 of 20

Jump to: