Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ViaMichelin launch V7 "New Edition" satnav softwar
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ViaMichelin launch V7 "New Edition" satnav softwar
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teessider66 wrote:
Where can I get a demonstration of the X970T?
I have looked around and most places let you see the TomTom or Garmins, but no one has an X970T to demo.

I am really tempted at £118, as it has so much more functioanlity than it's peers, at such a low price.

Can anyone help? A video of programming etc would be sufficient, I just want to see it switched on!

Halfords or (possibly) Maplins - I've seen them on display in the former and am told (but not seen them) that the latter also stocks them.
Teessider66
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halfords Scunthorpe don't even have them on display, the only place I've found is Argo where they have the 960, but it wasn't charged.

I might get to a Maplins at the weekend, but it's a fair drive.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teessider66 wrote:
Halfords Scunthorpe don't even have them on display, the only place I've found is Argo where they have the 960, but it wasn't charged.

I might get to a Maplins at the weekend, but it's a fair drive.

I suggest you look on Maplins web site first - you will see that they are currently selling them for £139.99 from the web site. I suggest you ring your local store first just to check that they have them in stock locally and they are able to demo it. You don't want a wasted journey...
Also note that I think there are two models - the UK model and the full EU model at different prices.
Teessider66
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well tried it out this afternoon, and have a few reservations (but this may be the lad who demonstrated it )

1. On a TT when a route is generated you can review it and select a road to avoid and a route is generated around the problem. This selection is from a list of roads on the route. Can the VM 970T do this?

2. It selected a different road given my postcode, which is OK as the TT did as well, but failed to find my road, even though the postcode road is a cul-de-sac off it!!

3. The voice is fine and I found the hands free OK, with good volume and clarity.

4. The interface is a bit clunky. The lad reckoned the unit was received about a week ago, will it have the new V7 interface which I gather has been substantially changed.

5. The screen scrolling looked abit juddery, how does this compare to the others?

All in all a nice looking unit, with a screen which looks to be somewhere between the TT1 and TT XL, though the TT1 and the VM are nominally the same size. Only a few reservations.
pologti
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question about the software will it work on a apple macbook laptop as i am looking at getting a new satnav to upgrade my old c320

cheers Kenny
Teessider66
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, took the plunge yesterday - got an X-970T from Pixmania for £78 delivered Very Happy - at that price the £200 Garmins went out the window.

Thanks for the advice, you'd better be right Wink
clubracing
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Michelin or Navman? Reply with quote

Hi, got a question for Stu Deepfour, who I'm guessing, having read through a lot of posts, is connected to Michelin in some way. Nice to get and give feed back with Company.

My question I am looking to make a purchase of either X980T or a Navman S90i I will be using mainly in the UK but do travel to France a fair amount. If i purchase a X980T what updated software version will be on the unit? and will I have to logon and download a patch to fix gliches with the current software it'll have been shipped with.

I accept that all software will have problems (ask Mr Gates) the choice of Brand depends on the amount of online work required by me to be glich free.

Thanks
Pete
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Michelin or Navman? Reply with quote

clubracing wrote:
Hi, got a question for Stu Deepfour, who I'm guessing, having read through a lot of posts, is connected to Michelin in some way. Nice to get and give feed back with Company.

My question I am looking to make a purchase of either X980T or a Navman S90i I will be using mainly in the UK but do travel to France a fair amount. If i purchase a X980T what updated software version will be on the unit? and will I have to logon and download a patch to fix gliches with the current software it'll have been shipped with.

I accept that all software will have problems (ask Mr Gates) the choice of Brand depends on the amount of online work required by me to be glich free.

Thanks
Pete

Hi Pete - Welcome to the Forum
I suspect that your question is not one which you should address to Stu. If he works for the Coy, then he naturally will be biased towards his products.
I have both manufacturer's devices and each has it's plusses and minuses Wink Both will require you to use a computer programme to keep them updated. There is an update (patch) for the Michelin device but I found it dead easy to do and it worked immediately and you get free safety camera pois for life of the device. Navman's come with pre-loaded safety cam pois, thereafter you have to subscribe to them. Each device will have full european mapping so you can travel in europe and enjoy (?) GPS directions.
Really, you should do your own research and compare each device and find out which is going to be the best for YOU. I know that this post is indicative of what you are doing in research anyway. Also have a look at the Navman forum on this site and ask the same question. In the circumstances I'm sure the moderators will forgive double posting.
Good luck Wink
clubracing
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee Pee

Thanks for the comments, wondered about posting the question in Navman section . . . . I do like the idea of not paying for Speed camera info having already shelled out around the £250 mark
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clubracing wrote:
Gee Pee

Thanks for the comments, wondered about posting the question in Navman section . . . . I do like the idea of not paying for Speed camera info having already shelled out around the £250 mark

Whichever device you get, my personal opinion and that of many others, is that PGPSW safety camera data (this site) is THE BEST Smile and is far more comprehensive than that of individual manufacturers. Just have a look at the link to the speed camera database - top left of this page Wink

If you are clever enough to find a camera not yet on the database, then you could be on your way to getting a free lifetime subscription.
garyvine
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an X970T NE a couple of weeks ago and have to say I am very pleased with it overall, Its a shame ViaMichelin have given up as a few changes to their User Interface coupled with good marketing could have made TomTom/Garmin have cause to worry.

Given that the X980 has the same software and that the us version of the 970 appears to support the TTS function, does anybody know of a way of getting the Uk version to do TTS given that the card already has TTS files on it?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
Page 20 of 20

Jump to: