Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ViaMichelin launch V7 "New Edition" satnav softwar
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ViaMichelin launch V7 "New Edition" satnav softwar
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greychin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Stu,
i have a x-980T which i bought in january 07. i bought the 2 year update package as well. I see the VM web site is selling the v7 update package today. Will we (2 year updaters) be getting a special price? we are a very loyal bunch! you will be wanting to move us up to v7 and then v8 shortly to make it easyer for updates i expect. so make it your best price!
kind regards
martin
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin

Thanks for your comments.

With regards to the upgrade online, this is not just a software update but a maps update too. If you have a complete European version you get a complete map of Europe and the software update for 79 Euros. This software update is not just a few basic changes but a complete change which also includes New Michelin Guides which include access to 30,000 POI file images so you can view the places you want to visit in the Michelin Green Guides before you leave. The upgrade also includes new GPRS services which allow you to connect you phone and download safety camera data, weather and "my viamichelin" updates from our site easily without connecting to the PC. Plus a new content Manager and loads more functions.
You aren't just paying for a few tweeks to the software but a whole change to the way you use your device and the functions on it.
When we changed to V7 we made an offer to customers after a certain date to send out a free upgrade as we had reduced our manufacturering costs and could cover that in the payment made for the device - We cant give everything away for free but considering we give the TMC, Safety Cameras, Tourist Ruotes and POI Packs for free I don't think its a bad deal - See how much all this would cost from other manufacturers!
If you go onto the Tom Tom site you will see that their maps are half price until January 2008. So if you buy a full Euro pack it will currently cost you 49 Euros but will soon go back up to 99 Euros. That is just for Maps and gives you no increase in functionality at all - Ours is 79 Euros for the lot.
If I bought a new PC about 2 months before Vista was launched I would not expect Microsoft to give me a new software version with no cost to me as I know there are development costs etc - We do what we can reasonably afford (Given the costs of running the business) to help customers and provide as many services as we can for free to make the user experience the best we can but somewhere we have to make something to re-invest into the business and developing better products for our customers - We are a business after all!!

Thanks for all your continued support!

Cheers

Stu

www.leyio.com

Keep your eyes open in 2009 for a new way to share and swap files......Leyio!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
greychin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Stu,

sorry not meaning to get at you!(grin) i was going to upgrade its ok!
whats going to happen to my 2 years worth of updates?
thats what i was worried about.
hows it going to work? will i get or should i ask for v7 updates?
and do you think they will charge for the v8 update?
shall i wait till then?
perhaps when we buy the upgrade to v7 we should do it on a seperate page? (specially for 2year updaters)
cheers from very cold welsh hillside

martin
Bertie100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greychin wrote:
hi Stu,

sorry not meaning to get at you!(grin) i was going to upgrade its ok!
whats going to happen to my 2 years worth of updates?
thats what i was worried about.
hows it going to work? will i get or should i ask for v7 updates?
and do you think they will charge for the v8 update?
shall i wait till then?
perhaps when we buy the upgrade to v7 we should do it on a seperate page? (specially for 2year updaters)
cheers from very cold welsh hillside

martin

I think (?) it was mentioned on some other thread that you can transfer your 2yr updates over to V7... I'm sure Stu will point you in the right direction.
greychin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi bertie100, yes i think i saw it somewhere too. i will await the stu reply!
as for my other problem about using the pnd with my new computer running vista x64. yesterday thought i had cracked it. i installed virtual pc 2007 and a copy of win xp. then it turns out vpc dosent reconise usb ports. could have cryed. when i ask vm about 64 bit vista i just get a standard responce, nothing planned, but i want more please! could you ask stu for me? i'm sure its only a small tweak. cheers mart
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what Stu said earlier in this thread about V6.5:

Quote:
Right Everyone pin back your lug holes...

This is the answer to the question about 2yr Subscription with V6.5 and then upgrading to V7.

When you upgrade to version 7 you are sent a letter with the new DVD - In this it mentions that if you have also made a purchase of the 2 year Subscription then you need to call our customer services to let them know and they will change your profile on our system to make sure that you are posted out V7 maps.
If you miss this and get the V6.5 maps, these wont work but if you then call customer services and make a complaint (as any confused customer would with a none working disk) they will change your profile and post out the correct version.
So basically - You are all covered if you registered with the 2 yr Subscription and want to upgrade to V7 (Free route on the promo or pay version for those who have older units).

greychin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks dave, so i will be ok. just need a solution for vista 64 bit !
cheers mart
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="BigPerk"]Here's what Stu said earlier in this thread about V6.5:

Quote:

If you miss this and get the V6.5 maps, these wont work but if you then call customer services and make a complaint (as any confused customer would with a none working disk) they will change your profile and post out the correct version.

In my case customer support didn't have a clue what I was talking about and was told twice that the map updates didn't include the v7 software. Eventually they realised what I meant and gave me a different e-mail address to contact. As yet I have had no reply from the other e-mail address but it did say it could take a while.
EddyDC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any update on the release of 7.03 and a list of fixes?

Deepfour wrote:

We will have an update arounf 17th Decenber to V7.03 which will fix the speed camera download issues some people are getiing and other issues - I will post a full list of what this changes when I have it.

Stu
Bertie100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EddyDC wrote:

Deepfour wrote:

We will have an update arounf 17th Decenber to V7.03 which will fix the speed camera download issues some people are getiing and other issues - I will post a full list of what this changes when I have it.

Stu

I'm also keen to learn what is going to be fixed, and whether its going to be released before Xmas???
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertie100 wrote:
EddyDC wrote:

Deepfour wrote:

Stu

I'm also keen to learn what is going to be fixed, and whether its going to be released before Xmas???

As long as it doesn't introduce other bugs and leaves us stranded Christmas Day! Wink Laughing
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="jonandmarkuk"]
BigPerk wrote:

Quote:

In my case customer support didn't have a clue what I was talking about and was told twice that the map updates didn't include the v7 software. Eventually they realised what I meant and gave me a different e-mail address to contact. As yet I have had no reply from the other e-mail address but it did say it could take a while.

Well just got home to find a v7 map update DVD so it's true the map updates do get switched over Wink Just not sure if it's the same maps as shipped with the v7 update or not. Do I spend 2 hours updating or not?
Bertie100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="jonandmarkuk"]
jonandmarkuk wrote:
BigPerk wrote:

Quote:

Well just got home to find a v7 map update DVD so it's true the map updates do get switched over Wink Just not sure if it's the same maps as shipped with the v7 update or not. Do I spend 2 hours updating or not?

I signed up for the 2 year map updates and got the first DVD the other day but like you I'm not sure if its the same as the one already installed?

Stu, is there some way of identifying which map version (exactly) is installed and whats on the DVD. I don't really want to waste 2 hours either.
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Bertie100"]
jonandmarkuk wrote:
jonandmarkuk wrote:
BigPerk wrote:

Quote:

Well I took the plunge and installed it. It didn't seem to copy over any new map files but I saw a lot of POI updates being copied over. When I loaded up Content Manager I did see some of the Commercial POI as options I had never seen before, but that could be they have just bee made available on the net?

I signed up for the 2 year map updates and got the first DVD the other day but like you I'm not sure if its the same as the one already installed?

Stu, is there some way of identifying which map version (exactly) is installed and whats on the DVD. I don't really want to waste 2 hours either.
Teessider66
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where can I get a demonstration of the X970T?
I have looked around and most places let you see the TomTom or Garmins, but no one has an X970T to demo.

I am really tempted at £118, as it has so much more functioanlity than it's peers, at such a low price.

Can anyone help? A video of programming etc would be sufficient, I just want to see it switched on!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 19 of 20

Jump to: