Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ViaMichelin launch V7 "New Edition" satnav softwar
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ViaMichelin launch V7 "New Edition" satnav softwar
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davegthomas
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We have been including a free upgrade sticker on the boxes since August 15th as a promo. All stock in retailers should have this sticker on. If anyone has purchased a unit after this date and it isnt stickered then they can get a form from us to get their free upgrade.

I have just completed the contact form on the VM website asking for the form.

What odds do I get on getting a reply that says "What form?"
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: ANswers to Questions!!! Reply with quote

Deepfour wrote:
Hi ALL

Stuart from ViaMichelin here.

Let me answer some questions.

1) Yes I have been uncontactable today as I have been doing a press tour to show the new product - PocketGPS were the first to see it and had a peek at the beta version before it was finish - We value the opinions of the site team!

2) Contacting Us - There is a section on website (www.viamichelin.co.uk) which has link to contact us by Web Mail or Via the Telephone. The link for all the contact details is:

(link zapped by mike see original post if you need the link)

Telephone Numbers are:

By phone:
- From United Kingdom: 0870 735 03 60 (0,07 pence/minute)
- From the Netherlands: 050 368 9400
- From Belgium (Flemish speakers): 04 248 6491

3) Upgrades:

Yes it will cost a small amount to upgrade to V7 if you ave an older X-970T or X-980T (Obviously we have to make some money to be able to invest in developement and cant always give everything for Free).
We have been including a free upgrade sticker on the boxes since August 15th as a promo. All stock in retailers should have this sticker on. If anyone has purchased a unit after this date and it isnt stickered then they can get a form from us to get their free upgrade.

4) Services and Upates:

All downloadable services are FREE:

All you have to do is register your product and activate te GPRS services , then you can select on the device how often you want to get the updates for Weather, Real Time Parking avaialblity (Currently in France but to be expanded), Safety Camera data base and My Viamichelin.

So you can now make your changes and save your address files on the website (using your MyViaMichelin Account (FREE)) and they will sychronise witht he device.
The only cost here will be your own GPRS dial up but ,if like me, you have a data package which comes with your phone contract that should be OK.

If anyone has any specific questions or requests then please direct them my way and I will try to help were ever I can,

Cheers

Stu

Hi Stu

Thank you for your reply. I'm really quite happy to pay for the upgrade as I see it ViaMichelin are actually supporting the products they sell and I really like the look of some of the new features / interface.

The only question I still have is if I upgrade to v7 software does that render my 'Advantage' map update subscription useless because nobody has yet been able to tell me if the maps will work with v7 or if I would be able to switch my software version in my account to ensure that future updates will be compatible.

I'm I reading you correctly in that even the speed camera updates can be done over GPRS? That would be cool if most functions can be done without ever connecting to a PC (that often). Talking of connection will the new software be Vista compatible? (I know it's not the fault of ViaMichelin that Microsoft yet again decided to change things and not offer any backwards compatibility Laughing Out Loud Laughing

Personally one last question for the moment is "When can I get the paid update??" I can't wait.
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will check with head office about when the upgrade will go live on the web and post an update as soon as I have the info.

The DVD we send out will upgrade the software on the device to V7 (after a hard reset) and will have the new Content Manager.

GPRS Updates will be for Safety Cameras, Weather , Parking, and My ViaMichelin.
The Content Manager will allow you to transer Music for the new MP3 player function, update Michelin Guides and POI Info and Manage your maps.
There is also a new function in the Michelin Green Guide which means that the device will have 9000 pictures in the data showing the images of the POI so you can decide if you worth a visit or not. We will soon have 30,000 images on the site that you can download so another 21,000 above those delivered.
If anyone needs an upgrade leaflet they can email me personally and I will get one sent out to them:
sderricott@viamichelin.com

Just let me have your name and address and the form will be in the post that night.

Cheers!! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi thanks for your reply.

I have just copied this from the 'Advantage map update page'

Note: Updates are only compatible with your device's original coverage area and ViaMichelin Navigation software version.

Can you clarify then if the 3 or 2 remaining updates I have already paid for would be useless or will I be able to switch my Advantage subsciption to the v7. I only ask this as at the moment I'm failing to see the 'Advantage' of this program if the remaining map updates won't work with the v7 software. I would have been better waiting till v7 came out (although the Advatage pages imply v7 would be included in the program but we won't get into that - specifically the page which mentions the GPRS functionality).

"Updating via the GPRS

From October, whether you're at home, in the office, or even en-route, you can synchronise your Bluetooth® compatible GPS directly with your "My ViaMichelin" book to access all the information you need."
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Having used the version for some time (both the Beat and Full versions).
I can tel you that GPRS updates cover all of the items I have mentioned previously not just the MyViamichelin.

I will check into the situation with V7 Upgrades and 2 Yr Subscription and come back to you. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deepfour wrote:
Hi,

Having used the version for some time (both the Beat and Full versions).
I can tel you that GPRS updates cover all of the items I have mentioned previously not just the MyViamichelin.

COOL Cool Just wish I could have Beta tested it Laughing Out Loud. Laughing

Deepfour wrote:
I will check into the situation with V7 Upgrades and 2 Yr Subscription and come back to you. Very Happy

Look forward to your answer Very Happy
I do think my x980 is far better than the past 2 Navmans I have had. Especially when I remember to not use the recommended routes for a small journey (living near the M1 it tends to take me on the M1 to get from one side of Derby to the other Laughing Out Loud)
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All credit to Stu and the VM team for responding to our queries as comprehensively as they are doing.

There are a few other Sat Nav companies customer service teams who could learn from this Very Happy
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the support guys...

We aren't perfect and like all companies we can improve - All feed back is useful to us as without that we don't always know were we are going wrong - so keep it coming and I can't say we can change everything over night but we will do everything possible to support our customers.

If you are happy with us , tell your friends and family who are looking to buy Sat Navs Wink ...if you're not happy - TELL ME!!
Davegthomas
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I queried an item on the X-970T with VM support on the 14/9/7 and belatedly received a response on the 4/10/7, with apologies, imagine my amazement to receive a reply, to yesterdays query for a form, TODAY - WITH a copy of the form!
I suspect Stu has been geeing them up however FULL MARKS for service this time.
So, as we now have a postal strike, send your request via the VM website and hopefully receive it tomorrow.
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Within 30 minutes of submitting a request for the upgrade voucher via the website (and including all the purchase details etc.) I received a response Very Happy ...................telling me I wasn't entitled to a free upgrade Evil or Very Mad Having responded by suggesting I only just bought the darn thing last week I then received another response with the correct voucher Very Happy so all sorted within the hour so to speak...........

Now all we have to do is wait and see how long the new disc takes to arrive Wink
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right Everyone pin back your lug holes...

This is the answer to the question about 2yr Subscription with V6.5 and then upgrading to V7.

When you upgrade to version 7 you are sent a letter with the new DVD - In this it mentions that if you have also made a purchase of the 2 year Subscription then you need to call our customer services to let them know and they will change your profile on our system to make sure that you are posted out V7 maps.
If you miss this and get the V6.5 maps, these wont work but if you then call customer services and make a complaint (as any confused customer would with a none working disk) they will change your profile and post out the correct version.
So basically - You are all covered if you registered with the 2 yr Subscription and want to upgrade to V7 (Free route on the promo or pay version for those who have older units).

Keep the Questions Coming!!

Last edited by Deepfour on Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stu, great news!

Is there any specific period after purchasing the unit that one has to register for these updates to get the offer e.g. 30 days or 90 days etc.?

It suggests the 99 Euro offer is open until end of 2008 but I just wonder whether you actually have to apply within a particular period after purchase and that the offer applies to units purchased up until the end of 2008 or if one could, in theory, apply late next year for the offer if they have purchased a unit now.

Thanks
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

The subscription service can be purchased and registered against a device anytime in the first year after you buy.....

Tele Atlas release 4 map updates a year and we do ours twice to try to coincide with product changes. So if you do leave it until the end of the first year you might find that about 15% of your mapping has changed (That according to TA is what changes in a year) before you get the latest map on the upgrade.

Hope this helps!!
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

The subscription service can be purchased and registered against a device anytime in the first year after you buy.....

Tele Atlas release 4 map updates a year and we do ours twice to try to coincide with product changes. So if you do leave it until the end of the first year you might find that about 15% of your mapping has changed (That according to TA is what changes in a year) before you get the latest map on the upgrade.

Hope this helps!!
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys

Well the reply to how long the disc takes will be......hmmm...not sure as we havent released the product yet so it will be a little time after the discs are manufactured and we launch V7.
I will try to get a more exact answer from my Product Management team......and will of course update you once I have translated their answer from the fringlish they sometimes write to me in... Rolling Eyes

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 2 of 20

Jump to: