Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How long does it take to verify a submission?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How long does it take to verify a submission?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

littlesthobo wrote:
I accept I miss read the rules .....
I missed the "small print" about being subscribed.
I even didn't renew as I thought it may be a waste of money to do so if I was lucky to get free membership. If I wasn't then I was going to renew - hence why I started this thread to find out whether I needed to renew or not!

I'm sorry (and I realise Darren has sent a PM on the matter), but this is becoming much less credible, the more you say. You started this thread off by saying
Quote:
If I read the Criteria right if I'm first with any of these I may be eligible for the free lifetime membership
Unfortunately, none of us were aware at the time that the correct answer to you should have been
Quote:
"You did not read the criteria right"
and maybe that would have been the end of it. Instead of which, several of us tried to be helpful and have incurred your displeasure as a result. Like the person GPS_fan knows, if you don't buy a ticket, you can't win. And you didn't buy a ticket for EIGHT months!! You bought one month's membership in January 2007, then "even didn't renew as I thought it may be a waste of money to do so if I was lucky to get free membership". Hoping for seven months, were you? Come off it! What use is free membership to you anyway if you can't be bothered to update your database for 7 months?

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
littlesthobo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right DennisN I "did not read the criteria right" which is why I said "if" - and I have admitted since that I obviosuly didn't read them right. I have also admitted that to Darren in a PM. I am sorry for missing the small print and yes I got it wrong. I was unhappy with myself and the rules. The reason for not updating in 8 months was the fact I was being cheap - like many others I assume. Buy 1 months then wait 2 or 3 then buy again. So only pay £9 a year and not £19 - maybe one reason GPS got rid of the one month option. The reason it slipped so much was partly as I didn't realize that it had been that long, partly due to the fact I wasn't driving unknown roads as much for a period and therefore not using the SatNav and partly being lazy and not getting round to it!

You miss understand me when I said "even didn't renew as I thought it may be a waste of money to do so if I was lucky to get free membership." I didn't hope that for 7 months I only thought that when I added the cameras, at the start of this month. The reason I tried to help add the corrections and new camera was it was on a road I used everyday and I didn't even realise myself to start with that the speed had changed as you end up driving a road you know without checking the signs as you don't expect them to change! But yes it did pop into my head that "hey maybe I can add these and get the free membership and not need to renew"

So again I will say sorry for missing the small print and sorry I messed up. I know I whined and moaned but that was as I personally felt it was unfair. I didn't mean to upset anyone, not the GPS team, regulars, anyone. I have tried to contribute to this website with new POI's and now the cameras as I feel it's a damn good site for the SatNav user. Again as I said to Darren in the PM I intend to continue to use the site and add new POI's as I can and try to avchieve that free camera membership I missed out on this time - (due to my fault before anyone reminds me of that fact). Hopefully this public appology with go some way to appeasing you, the rest of the team and others.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

littlesthobo wrote:
I intend to continue to use the site and add new POI's as I can and try to avchieve that free camera membership
Good, keep on looking and you might be first to spot a camera one day, I submitted four a couple of months ago, the concrete was still wet around them - I wasn't first, that didn't bother me though - I just wanted the database as accurate and upto date as is possible. If you find any existing cameras where the speed limit is incorect please let us know of this as well - Mike
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've discussed this issue via PM and the matter is now resolved. In light of this I shall lock the thread.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: