Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mapshare with ONE V2 and 675 maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mapshare with ONE V2 and 675 maps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geoff_UK
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Mapshare with ONE V2 and 675 maps Reply with quote

Hi,

Can anyone confirm if mapshare actually works with version 675.1409 maps?? Does anyone have any evidence that their maps have been updated??

I plugged my ONE V2 into TTH to download a new version of quickgpsfix and was offered the version 7 application as a download. I made a backup of the version 6.56 application and installed version 7.120 (8495) and it all seemed fine an dandy.

There are the options in the menus to enable mapshare and I even corrected a spelling mistake on a street name near me that I spotted ages ago. I ticked all the boxes regarding map corrections and plugged it into TTH and it appeared as if my corrections were uploaded (they are present on my map), but there were no other map corrections available to download??

When I disconnect my device from TTH and check the map correction settings, only the first 2 are still ticked "Corrections I made myself" and "Corrections verified by TomTom", the other options relating to POI corrections and corrections from "trusted sources", "reported by many" and "reported by few" are now unticked??

I have installed TTH on another PC that has never had the application on it before and it's exactly the same and I even used TTH to reinstall the version 7 application again, but the map corrections options refuse to remain ticked??

I've posted a question on the TomTom support site, but guess what, it's not been responded to !!
computergenie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I received my TomTom One V2 (New Edition) Today and i had the latest map version on it: v675.1409

and when it asked if i wanted to download or install TomTom Home V1 from disc or internet i choose internet.

It then said a new TomTom One App was available version: 7.120

After it downloaded & installed new TomTom app it then said a new version of TomTom Home was available TThome V2 so i downloaded that backed up first and it then installed and i got it on mine i have not tried it yet but it does allow me to use Mapshare and gives me all the options etc for me to use. As a tester i pressed it on a field and it would not let it change layout etc as it said not a road but i know i can use it.

Regards,
Matthew
Geoff_UK
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

computergenie,

I did exactly the same as you regarding updates to the application and also the updated version of TTH.

Do me a favour and tick ALL the boxes in the menu relating to the type of corrections that you want to recieve via the update facility and plug it into TTH and see what it does??

Mine says "no updates" every time and when I check the staus of the "ticked" items on the device AFTER I've disconnected it from TTH, only the top 2 in the list are still ticked.
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the 675.1409 map on my ONE XL (V5) and yes, MapShare works. It works much better with HOME 1.6 than with HOME 2 as you can select (not) to install each category individually.

It is a known issue that when connecting to a PC (with or without HOME running), the default MapShare settings are restored. You will even have to reenble the 'Quick Menu' button settings.
Geoff_UK
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would expect mapshare to work perfectly with the ONE XL and version 765 maps??

Tim Buxton wrote:
It is a known issue that when connecting to a PC (with or without HOME running), the default MapShare settings are restored. You will even have to reenble the 'Quick Menu' button settings.

I wasn't aware of any such issues as you mentioned here??

How can I resolve them? Is there any sort of work around? The other thing I noticed after reading your post was that the shortcut to the "corrections menu" does not appear on the on screen device when i choose to "operate my ONE".

I'm not sure if I ever had version 1.6 of the Home application, I seem to remember ine was version 1.6 ??
computergenie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Rite this is what i done-

I plugged my TomTom to computer launched TomTom Home2

used tomtom home2 to access my tomtom gps device and via my computer i done:

Menu, Map Corrections - Correction Preferences - Select just first two as i dont want someone elses that may be a mistake on it then - Download Corrections by others thenit done something but did not say whether there was or wasnt updates available.

I dont want to check all preference options as it warns some may be mistakes Sad which if it is a mistake would mess my map up
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geoff_UK wrote:
I wasn't aware of any such issues as you mentioned here??

How can I resolve them? Is there any sort of work around? The other thing I noticed after reading your post was that the shortcut to the "corrections menu" does not appear on the on screen device when i choose to "operate my ONE".

I'm not sure if I ever had version 1.6 of the Home application, I seem to remember ine was version 1.6 ??

Consider yourself aware as of now. Laughing I think it will take a TomTom fix to sort it out. Perhaps the "quick Menu" option is restricted to the XL, GOx20 and possibly ONE3rd Edition.
Geoff_UK
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got a response from customer services this morning and it makes interesting reading - see extract below:

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support.

Unfortunately, although the icon appears on your device post update, the map share service is only available for our very newest products. So you can ignore this icon because it does not apply to your device.

Going back to my original question, has anyone with a ONE v2 got mapshare working with version 675.1409 maps ??
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's MORE conflicting advice from TomTom then...

Their website says:
Quote:
The list of features for your TomTom device will depend upon which model you are using, but the following features are available on all TomTom models.

TomTom Map Share™
(not available on TomTom RIDER & TomTom RIDER 2nd edition)

(my bold text)

Rolling Eyes
Geoff_UK
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's priceless Andy - I didn't see that !!!!

I just find it irritating that I seem to have wasted loads of time over the weekend trying to get this to work when it may never have worked in the first place??

In my opinion, if it doesn't work on the ONE v2, then it souldn't have been offered as a update via TTH. I can't see any other "real" difference between version 6.56 that I was perfectly happy with and version 7.120 that I have now OTHER than mapshare.

If mapshare does not and will never work with a ONE v2, my advice is don't install the update, keep using 6.56
Ray-of-Sunshine
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I just upgraded to TomTomHomeV2 find it strange to use but suppose I'll get used to it. I also upgraded to TomTom to v7.120 and could fathom out why I could use the mapshare and when it told me my maps where out of date I went to see if there was an updated map but nothing came up. Didnt want to chance having to remove my current maps just to download what looks to be the same map from the download maps etc. section. So I take it I am not the only one that cant use the mapshare option then?

I also have issues with the Halp section why give icons for first aid guides and other guides and nothing opens when you click on them just seems silly to be honest.

You would think they would add something usefull like if you plan several destinations and waypoints in the Itinerary they would give you an option that plots the fastest route between the destinations with and option then to change the order to suit yourself now that would be a worthwhile thing to have.

A weird thing happened to me last night after upgrading I planned a route with several destinations and toldd it to start to navigate when I clicked on done and the main view loaded the route was shown but there was no information in the toolbar at all weird.

I also found no information on how this new take a break facility works. I also dont know why TomTom Traffic is now on the third page of the menu instead of the help me feature which I wont be using as often as the traffic icon.
Geoff_UK
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sent a question to customer care regarding the response they sent me and they emailed back asking for my product code. I sent that in and got the following response:

Quote:
Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support.

I have been informed that the mapshare is part of the update with your device and has limited functionality. What you are experiencing is a limited service. In order to utilise this service fully you will need to update your map to a version 7 when they become avaiable. You will then not encounter the problems you are currently having. I hope this answers your question.

With Best Regards

The TomTom Customer Support Team

That just seems silly to me. If they know that version 7.120 won't work as it's supposed to on a ONE v2 ie. mapshare not able to work properly with my version 675.1409 maps they shouldn't release this version to ONE v2 owners.

Version 7 maps are not available for download yet as far as I'm aware?? They should have waited until the new maps were avaialble BEFORE making the version 7 application available to ONE v2 owners??
vroomfondel
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geoff_UK wrote:
...That just seems silly to me. If they know that version 7.120 won't work as it's supposed to on a ONE v2 ...

Maybe its not silly if the real reason is to migrate everybody onto their new security model...
RODTROTTER
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is the new security model ???
henklbr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Buxton wrote:
I have the 675.1409 map on my ONE XL (V5) and yes, MapShare works. It works much better with HOME 1.6 than with HOME 2 as you can select (not) to install each category individually.

HOME 1.6? I get only 1.5 to downbload on the TT-site! Crying or Very sad

In HOME 2.0, my corrections are sent, but no corrections receiving! Confused
Western_and_Central_Europe v715.1703 (MapShare: 34355)
TomTom Home v2.2.2.83

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: