Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - iPAQ 5450 + TTN2.24 + WM2003 = Nightmare! Please help...
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

iPAQ 5450 + TTN2.24 + WM2003 = Nightmare! Please help...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nickcooper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:33 am    Post subject: iPAQ 5450 + TTN2.24 + WM2003 = Nightmare! Please help... Reply with quote

Hi all, I've read through all the posts on the forum and im still stuck as to how to fix my setup. Can anyone help?

I have a iPAQ 5450 and initially I had TomTom 1 and upgraded to TomTom 2. I installed all the patches until I was running on TT2 with navigator 2.24 and gps 2.07. The large UK map was installed on the storage card and every worked fine.

I then installed WM2003 (pocket pc 2003) and re-installed nav 2.24 and gps 2.09. Now when I ran I got the error "Cannot determine location of data. Please re-install data and/or application".

I formatted the SD card (can't remember which one it is but its worked faultlessly before) and re-installed the map back on the card. And I get the same damn error message. In the end, I re-installed the original tomtom 2 program (not the latest version) and it works... And after reading elsewhere in the forum to remove the 'TomTom ~ GPS', its up and running.

But any idea's how to get the latest 2.24 version working?

Thanks in advance.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nick make sure the battery is charged as i sometimes get this message when my 2210 is low on battery power other than that over the experts
i thought 5550s came with ppc2003 was already installed

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
nickcooper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi alix

I had the pda on full charge (sat in its cradle for about two weeks) prior to upgrading.

I've got a feeling its more to do with incompatiblities with ppc2003 and navigator 2.24.
RichDem
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth I have just installed V2.24 and GPS V2.08 on a friends brand new 4150 with PPC 2003 and so far it seems to work fine. I have the same setup on a 3950 with PPC 2002 and I must say TomTom runs faster on the 4150 than it does on mine. It is especially noticeable when you move around in the map screen, the refresh is instant where as on my ipaq it is deffinately slower.

Richard
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick - the reinstall after the OS upgrade sounds as if it's your problem, particularly if you reinstalled ActiveSync as part of the upgrade or were using a different computer to the one you originally used to install TomTom Navigator.

Following my Pocket PC 2003 upgrade, I discovered that the correct way to install Navigator 2.24 if it's not working properly, assuming your copy of 2.24 is the upgrade copy from TomTom's site and isn't on your CD is:

Uninstall TomTom Navigator from both the Pocket PC and the PC using the Add/Remove Programs feature in ActiveSync (click on the line relating to TomTom Navigator and press the Remove button).

Then insert your TomTom Navigator 2 CD and install whatever version is on the CD - even if it's not a Pocket PC 2003 compatible version. You need to start TomTom Navigator once, then choose File -> Exit. It sounds as if you've got this far - and no further, Nick.

At this point, you go back to ActiveSync, remove TomTom Navigator from both the Pocket PC and PC again (same method as above), and install the 2.24 upgrade version. 2.24 is fully Pocket PC 2003 compatible.

You may be lucky enough to have 2.24 on your CD. I'm not - mine is something like 2.02 or 2.05. Installing the way I described above was the only way to get Navigator activated properly - though I had also changed PC since I originally installed Navigator 2 on Pocket PC 2002, meaning that the activation details on the PC and on the Pocket PC had both been lost.

David
nickcooper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info David, it sounds like you've hit the nail on the head. I'll try this tonight and let you know the results.

Cheers
Nick

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: