Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Premier Travel Inn
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Premier Travel Inn

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulWH
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Premier Travel Inn Reply with quote

To avoid confusion for those who compile the POI's Whitbread the parent company of Premier Travel Inns are changing the trading name of "Premier Travel Inn" to "Premier Inn" from sometime around October 2007 onwards.

Paul W. H
Oldie
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: Premier Travel Inn Reply with quote

PaulWH wrote:
To avoid confusion for those who compile the POI's Whitbread the parent company of Premier Travel Inns are changing the trading name of "Premier Travel Inn" to "Premier Inn" from sometime around October 2007 onwards.

Paul W. H

Although it was announced in June, Whitbread are still using Premier Travel Inn on their website http://www.whitbread.co.uk/customers.cfm?id=premier_travel_inn2[url][/url]

So it is confusion all round Sad Have Whitbread started changing the names on their motels yet?

Richard
alistairm1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that Whitbread already provided a free download of POIs for this chain? (Although it's not accurate!!)
PaulWH
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alistairm1 wrote:
I thought that Whitbread already provided a free download of POIs for this chain? (Although it's not accurate!!)

They have but, the confusion will arise as they will not change all the corporate branding at the same time so someone might think they have found a new hotel when in reality it is only a name change amendment.

Paul W. H
nmbaker
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Premier Travel Inn Reply with quote

Years ago with a trusty Psion 5 and 5mx and a Garmin GPS12, I created the original POI for Travel Inn and Travelodge as I was often put there overnight when I was with HSBC. To be honest I did it from their brochures in the evenings when I was bored and it served me very well. I spent a lot of time on the road and a lot less in the bank branches.

I hope you guys have updated things since my initial contribution when TomTom were www.palmtop.nl.

This was in the days of RoutePlanner and CityMaps - how things have improved!

One would have thought that major chains of hoteliers etc would promote themselves by including a downloadable link of all their locations and save the rest of us a lot of work in our bored evenings. I fully congratulate TomTom linking with the English tourist board.

My point is, do these companies not realise the help it would provide reps with who could spend a month away from home living from a suitcase. I certainly chose places where work and accomodation were close. I used to look at my destination and then find accomodation nearby. I am sure most do the same.

Now I do not travel for work, it is purely pleasure, but if I see a place close by somewhere I will be having a break at, that is where I stay. What an ideal way for TomTom to get sponsors for their POI.

Yet so many opportunities are being missed. e.g. how come if I search for a doctor nearby, my nearest are in Ireland?
TTCams latest 19/05/09 Traffic - live
SDHC 16GB

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: