Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - I'm Newly Initiated (and I drive a Renault !!)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm Newly Initiated (and I drive a Renault !!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Guestbook and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kirium
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: I'm Newly Initiated (and I drive a Renault !!) Reply with quote

Hi, I've have just taken the plunge and got myself wired :D I've been thinking it about it for months now, finally done it and wished I had done years ago !!

What a completely cool gadget ! I have been using PDA's for years in a working capacity and had been toying with getting GPS last summer, I cover quite a few miles for work in my Renault Laguna II, which has a Solar Windscreen Rolling Eyes I have already sold my laser detector because the windscreen slaughtered the range, I only saw the coppers shortly before they flew over the bonnet Twisted Evil When I spotted this site a while back you spurred me on !! I decided to get a GPS mouse and TomTom and give it a go... But the windscreen slaughtered my reception, as stated in quite a few posts on your splendid site.

However, I was not downbeat ! I resolved to purchase a GPS repeater at about £50 delivered, then baulked at the checkout Crying or Very sad I just couldnt bring myself to part with the cash. So I experimented in the car with the GPS mouse hooked up and got 8 sat's with the GPS mouse on the rear parcel shelf. A short trip to eBuyer and 1 Belkin PS2 extension cable later (@ £4.99) JOB DONE !! it works a treat. I have now plumbed it all in and it looks great and works fantastically. The install worked out really well, with all the cable and charger hidden. I am really pleased with the whole thing Thumbs Up

So, if you've got a solar windscreen dont despair or delay, you too CAN have GPS without paying through the nose for it !!

If the pocket GPS team would like I would love to do a Reader Install for your site as I'm really pleased with the way it all went together, if I had known how easy it would be to get GPS working in my Solar Windscreen fitted car, I would have done it months ago Happy
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, we'd love to see how you did it. If you could send us half a dozen pictures and some explanatory text we'll put it into our site.

Thanks,

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Guestbook and Feedback All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: