Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - BT-368 poor Bluetooth range
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

BT-368 poor Bluetooth range

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simonp123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: BT-368 poor Bluetooth range Reply with quote

I recently purchased at Globalsat BT-368 bluetooth GPS unit.

The unit wotks fine, but I only get a very short range from the Bluetooth connection, about 2 feet!! I loose comms and you can see the Bluetooth signal bcomming weak from the signal meter on the PDA.
I am using it with an old O2 Xda IIs jst for running Memory Map when we are out walking etc. Whilst the Globalsat GPS info program can cope with the comms dropping out if the distace gets too great, the Memroy Map s/w does not and I have to turn off the Bluetooth power and then on again to re-connect which is quite annoying.

Anyone any suggestions as to what might be the issue (presuming the unit is not just faulty)?
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can try it with another device (PDA/Mobile Phone/PC) andsee what range you get, then you can work out what is at fault here. BTis only a short distance technology but 10ft should be acheivable.

Similarly try pairing your PDA with another device and see what you get.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What ROM version have you got loaded on the XDA IIs as there were some ROM releases that had rathber duff Bluetooth support, you can find the ROM details in Settings System Tab / Device Information, also have you still got the stupid (read pathetic) O2 Active Interface installed to the unit as this really screws up the XDA IIs, once this is removed the device is a great PDA phone with a decent size screen.
I would also try Phils suggestions to try and identify if the fault is with the GPS device of the phone - Mike
simonp123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
What ROM version have you got loaded on the XDA IIs as there were some ROM releases that had rathber duff Bluetooth support, you can find the ROM details in Settings System Tab / Device Information, also have you still got the stupid (read pathetic) O2 Active Interface installed to the unit as this really screws up the XDA IIs, once this is removed the device is a great PDA phone with a decent size screen.
I would also try Phils suggestions to try and identify if the fault is with the GPS device of the phone - Mike

The O2 stuff was the first thing that came off!

ROM version is 1.12.62 ExtROM 1.12.178 is that one a problem? I konw there is a newer update so perhaps I will try that.

I have found some better results if I keep it away from grouded objects and also not in my hand or pocket, which seems to kill it at very short range.

I will try another GPS unit when I can borrow one.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having just charged up my IIs to the extent it will power up I have the following on my device:

ROM 1.40.00 WWE (03/10/05)
Radio 1.12.00
Protocol 1337.42
Ext ROM 1.40.237 WWE

This was an official ROM update supplied from O2, although when I checked their web site no longer appears to carry this file, it is listed on the FTP from the XDA Developer web site though so you should be able to still obtain it from links on This Page - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: